ARES MK43 M60?

tbsix

Ares/star has no quality control, it's like buying chinese stuff without the cheap price.

There's a lot of owners with missing parts (mine lacked the hop-up bucking) or non-working gearboxes out of box.

They are mostly likely to be Chinese. It's supposed to be a Hong Kong company anyway. I opened up a 2 year old SA80 (L85A2) recently and the gears are XTY gears. Therefore they have been using Chinese parts for some time. Mind you they did take the trouble to solder the motor (a bit of superfluous effort that makes opening up the gear box very inconvenient).

Even so, i bought an ARES AFV recently as it's half the price as the STAR used to be. Quite fun but no points for accuracy. With a bigger magazine and able to down-rate the spring in minutes, it beats an MP5 on a CQB day hands down.

The 249s have plastic gearboxes like the SA80s. I was skeptical about plastic gearboxes at first. They seem to be a lot tougher than they appear.

It's incredible that someone had no bucking or DOA out the box. Please name the shop(s) for everyone's benefit.

Erik.

They are mostly likely to be Chinese. It's supposed to be a Hong Kong company anyway. I opened up a 2 year old SA80 (L85A2) recently and the gears are XTY gears. Therefore they have been using Chinese parts for some time. Mind you they did take the trouble to solder the motor (a bit of superfluous effort that makes opening up the gear box very inconvenient).

Even so, i bought an ARES AFV recently as it's half the price as the STAR used to be. Quite fun but no points for accuracy. With a bigger magazine and able to down-rate the spring in minutes, it beats an MP5 on a CQB day hands down.

It's incredible that someone had no bucking or DOA out the box. Please name the shop(s) for everyone's benefit.

Erik.

I imagine any competent retailer that has heard of these experiences or received complaints from customers would be checking these products for QC problems and missing parts.

Seen as Alex is in France... They're just too wacked on blue cheese to care.

Archived