1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

You can use sandpaper by hand, just keep a wet sponge or something handy. I'd get a sanding block or a flat surface though, it helps you to keep the slide corners sharp instead of rounding it....it is worth noting that you are better off sanding in one axis only(say along the length of the slide), such that you get the sanding mark align and it'll look less messy afterward...

go for G3 cutting paste or t-cut. then a polish after that to seal it. :)

it'll take a lot of elbow grease if your not using a machine though. you can get buffer heads to attach to a regular drill and mount it in a vice or workmate.

Edited by beretta

:mellow:

Just one last puzzler there Punisher....

chrome1911a.jpg

Exhibit A.... :P

tercel-gbb-m1911_4_mark.jpg

Tercel advert image from eHobby link Punisher provided..... (Exhibit B )

tercel_gun_0455_2.jpg

Tercel advert image at RSOV, (yep...this is Exhibit C :P )

and finally, 51QBH-

Tercel1911qig14.jpg

Wonder why every other Tercel pictured out in the world has completely different markings..... :huh:

...oh and sorry, one last thing I promise-

Just so I understand, the Tercel has been available at eHobby for a week and a half now I think right? So you bought it, received it, polished and removed all the existing paint out from the nooks and crannies and had it chromed in that space of time?

Well done to you! :mellow:

Slainte!

Edited by Guinness

Punisher's pic shows 'UNITED STATES ... something' on the frame, the others show 'ASGK TOKYO MARUI ...'

Although I wonder if the Tercel has copied the TM trademarks... I think the shops might just have uploaded a pic of a TM?

.....markings look the same to me..

Really?

and you looked at the pictures and all right? ;)

Let's also consider the placement of the crossed cannon logo at the back end- on Punisher's 1911, it is directly above that pin- on any Tercel/Tokyo Marui you can find in the world it is slightly to the rear, or left of that pin. On the Tercel/TM there is a number '75' on the right side, front end of the trigger guard- kind of difficult to be 100% on this one, but in the pictures he supplied originally, I don't think there is a number there on his.

It's really a nice gun there, whatever it is- just curious why someone would need to 'shade the truth' about it as my mom used to say :(

Likely we'll never know the real story- still a nice gun, thanks for sharing I guess :unsure:

Slainte!

Edited by Guinness

Ive also notice he has a flat finish to the back of the slide lock where the others are oval, but this is an easy mod if you have the right tools. Well spotted on the logo on the rear of the frame. Maybe its an early version of the Tercel?

Ive also notice he has a flat finish to the back of the slide lock where the others are oval, but this is an easy mod if you have the right tools. Well spotted on the logo on the rear of the frame. Maybe its an early version of the Tercel?

It's not a Tercel, I think that's been established :P

Could be a WA-Magnatech possibly, or more likely a metal kit for one- Here's mine and it's trades are actually closer as far as text- same placement of the crossed cannon logo as the 'real' Tercel and TM however....

1911Magna4-1.png

WA made a chromed 1911, but I don't think it was a M1911, I think it was the Series 70, so....I'm starting to lean towards a chromed metal body kit on a TM, or WA or Bell I suppose-

meh....whatever...it's a mystery now ;)

Moar Pictures!!

Edited by Guinness

Almost finished, just need a few touch ups to get the damn thing cycling again.

meu.jpg

meu2.jpg

meu3.jpg

All work done by AEX Torrance as well as myself.

Marui MEU

Guarder MEU MBK

Surefire 310r classic light

And a whole lot of custom work just to get the darn thing on.

My 1911's, want to get another 1911a1 to polish right up :D

1911a1 is a Tercel 1911, full metal, fully TM compatible, lovely feel to it, feels on-par with my gaurder kitted TM

The clip-draw'd Detonics has a real clipdraw (modified to fit a detonics) and the hornbill RSOV wood grips

The other detonics is a bogo standard Army Detonics

1911s1.jpg

1911s2.jpg

1911s3.jpg

1911s4.jpg

1911s5.jpg

1911s6.jpg

1911s7.jpg