1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

I think it should work. Its supposed to be Marui compatible. Some tolerance might be off and might need some fitting, mind you most metal kits for OEM needs some fitting anyway.

I'd add though, if you are willing to go as far as getting a metal kit(especially if one of the more expensive ones), it might be worthwhile to get a stock Marui as a base. Considering at that point the cost difference between a KJ and TM doesn't matter as much anymore...(unless you have a KJ already)

Edited by RacingManiac
Ok, Guess I'm going after the marui one, looks like the KJW is a clone of WA, can anyone confrim that?

FYI, KJW Gen 1 from a long time ago was a clone of the WA 1911, much like their old Para. They launched the new version ~2007 which is a clone of TM. I think the only one they make now is the gen 2....

My Army's safety wouldnt work from the right and was a bit weird on the left. Seems common.

4 Little questions for Marui/Army MEU & Detonics owners:

1) Will the MEU trigger work on the Detonics? And viceversa?

2) Will the MEU hammer work on the Detonics? And viceversa?

3) Can I cut down 1911 full-size grips and drill a new lower hole to fit on a Detonics?

4) Will a PDI (or other brand) silencer adapter for Marui 1911 work on a Detonics?

If the answer to all those questions is yes, Ive got an awesome little proyect coming up!

THANKS!!!

the safety on my Army armaments was wobbly on the right side, all i had to do to fix it was pop it out, put some thread lock on the joining pin and stick it back in. after 5 mins the threadlock hardens and the safety now snaps in nicely on both sides. :)

My Army's safety wouldnt work from the right and was a bit weird on the left. Seems common.

4 Little questions for Marui/Army MEU & Detonics owners:

1) Will the MEU trigger work on the Detonics? And viceversa? Not to sure on this one, will test it and let you know tomorrow

2) Will the MEU hammer work on the Detonics? And viceversa? Not to sure on this one, will test it and let you know tomorrow

3) Can I cut down 1911 full-size grips and drill a new lower hole to fit on a Detonics? Yes, just take your time, ive done teh same with a clipdraw and will be buying full size grips for my full frame and detonics

4) Will a PDI (or other brand) silencer adapter for Marui 1911 work on a Detonics? Not tried it, but I cant see why not, and its something I intend on trying :P

If the answer to all those questions is yes, Ive got an awesome little proyect coming up!

THANKS!!!

Hope that is of some help to you!

Edited by Stealth1911.