1911 Picture Thread

My Kimber WARRIOR (insert that lame kid rock song here)

TM based, Only internal upgrades are springs and valve knocker pin thingy. (all others left stock for reliability)

There are 2 small details that are different then the real Kimber because of availability issues, can you spot them? (not counting threaded barrel, sights, or grips [if the grips are even wrong])

All nova Except the outer barrel, and the trigger.

And yes, those are real Tritium sights modded to fit, I need a taller front post though, these have a long range zero.

Is it bad form to post multiple pictures? Sorry if it is.

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0120.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

Edited by MCXL
  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

The grip safety isn't what I'm thinking of. Ive seen many with the ribbed style in image search, but there are a few on gun broker NIB with non ribbed grip safety's.

1 down 1 to go!

And yea its nineball, but I thought the SAS was the front kit for the 5.1? This barrel cycles better then the original, but it has a very VERRY black finish. Also 14mm CW sucks.

With the suppressor on it will lock up when you point it up like at a 70 degree angle or so, the barrel cant make it into breech lock and so it gets jammed. You can see it though and a quick tap to the front or rear of the gun unlocks it again. The original nova barrel kinda has some issues. Its finish was sucky, and it was a really tight fit to the slide internally, so the like polished finish wore weirdly fast.

The nine ball is actually a 2 piece design, and the chamber is really REALLY tight specs. I doubt Ill ever be able to get it off without grinding the locking tab thing.

Also, KAPOW!

DSC_0078.jpg

I love how cameras color shift. My bandoleer is not pink...

Edited by MCXL

Normal WARRIOR currently has a black hammer, DESERT WARRIOR has silver hammer, IIRC.

You got it. MSH without lanyard loop. I have thought about getting one, but my god, MY GOD! I don't want to hit my palm on that in a furious reload. So Id want mag bumpers, and arent the MEU bumpers not compatible with normal 1911 mags? If I'm wrong and they are, I'm getting those wilson combat bumpers for all my mags...

When I was ordering parts to finish the build, no one, NO ONE!!! Had 3 hole triggers in stock. I'll pick one up soon. Maybe. Its kind of nice having a gun thats just... DONE.

Edited by MCXL

no the dessert warrior has everything black, including the hammer and barrel, redwolf now has silver 3 hole triggers in stock.

personally i prefer everything black. i was also going to get the wilson bumper or some other real steel bumpers for my 1911 in my overhaul, but now i'm deciding between the almost fully upgrading my 1911 or a masada, it's really hard.

i really like your kimber BTW, but i'd add a magwell(i have one on mine and it really helps when reloding) and a black trigger, but that's just me

Kimber America Disagrees with you

http://www.kimberamerica.com/images/new_pr...t_warrior45.jpg

Barrel and Hammer are silver.

And another to back me up.

http://www.celtictexas.com/IMG_0262.jpg

Yea thats right, feel the burn. Grrrrr. (I am being facetious, I'm not mad, just correcting you.)

In fairness, I think that the hammer changes with iterations, as there are some with silver hammers, some with silver sided hammers, and I've seen one with a black hammer (that was a normal warrior) Maybe they change them every so often?

If the barrel weren't so damn dark, I would keep it. Its just so shiny black super dark. Maybe it will wear in and look better.

I don't really want a mag well. I'll build one with a mag well eventually (like racing maniac's)... Maybe that gold army MEU... HMMMMM

As for the trigger I'm gonna get a 3 hole eventually. Just not a priority as its my only functioning gun.

Does anyone know if those Wilson base plates will fit the normal 1911 mags?

Edited by MCXL

you got me... i could have sworn they were black... IT BURNSSSS!!

i was just saying the magwell as an option...

i was thinking of adding these base pads http://customdefensiveproducts.com/mm5/mer...tegory_Code=MBP

obviously in black, but i was going to epoxy them on to the bottom of the mag and drill a hole for the gas fill valve... i really don't want to screw them on as it takes more time and it's far more likely to ruin the mags... do you thing they'll work?

but like i said, that may be put on hold as i'm trying to decide between upgrading the 1911 or a masada...

BTW, if you really don't like your barrel you can send it to me... i'd welcome it gladly

Edited by pedrosalas7

i placed the order with ehobby a they sent me the guarder 1911 instead of the clone thanks for letting me no guiness buddy

as for the 1911 i striped the gun down to the frame slide a bits eg trigger/hammer etc put them in

jewellery cleaner (slver) for 2 hours a then got them out a washed of the residue with warm water then left to dry.them i used fine grit sand paper to get the top layer of paint off to leave a greyish colour then i sent them to my mate who does electroplating to custom motorcycles for a week a there you go one nice looking 1911

Edited by PUNISHER
My Kimber WARRIOR (insert that lame kid rock song here)

TM based, Only internal upgrades are springs and valve knocker pin thingy. (all others left stock for reliability)

There are 2 small details that are different then the real Kimber because of availability issues, can you spot them? (not counting threaded barrel, sights, or grips [if the grips are even wrong])

All nova Except the outer barrel, and the trigger.

And yes, those are real Tritium sights modded to fit, I need a taller front post though, these have a long range zero.

Is it bad form to post multiple pictures? Sorry if it is.

Any pictures or advice on modding real novak sights? I would love to put some on my MEU.

Its a colossal PITA. The front sight is straightforward, but the rear sight needs to have the dovetail carved out for the BBU Channel. This wouldn't be so bad but you cut too deep on trit sights and TOOXIC GAS!!!

Id suggest doing other things to the gun first, plus for airsoft sights you might as well just go with Nitesighters

Only reason I did it is because I wanted a gun that would just have everything on it. They are sighted way high, like for a .45 at 50 yards. Ill see if I can get a taller front post from Trijicon eventually.

Also real Wilson Combat base plates are cheaper. 5$ Per 3

Edited by MCXL
Its a colossal PITA. The front sight is straightforward, but the rear sight needs to have the dovetail carved out for the BBU Channel. This wouldn't be so bad but you cut too deep on trit sights and TOOXIC GAS!!!

Id suggest doing other things to the gun first, plus for airsoft sights you might as well just go with Nitesighters

Only reason I did it is because I wanted a gun that would just have everything on it. They are sighted way high, like for a .45 at 50 yards. Ill see if I can get a taller front post from Trijicon eventually.

I get exactly what you mean, I had made a thread about it when I first got my MEU, and the general opinion was that it was an incredibly stupid idea with too much work and radioactive materials XD. That being said, I completely get wanting to have a gunwith everything, I've been considering trying to drill holes and just glue a tritium vial into that, so it intrests me to see that you've accomplished the mod yourself. Please keep me updated if you get an appropriate front post.