1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Meh, the grainyness of the finish (its sprayed on) was driving me crazy so I sold it the very same day I got it. i hope the golden version uses some other type of flat finish.

Edited by chas

The first version of this pistol I custom built using a Marui 4.3 pistol but have now finally completed it as per the real steel type with a single stack magazine.

post-42289-1243806106_thumb.jpg

post-42289-1243806140_thumb.jpg

post-42289-1243806162_thumb.jpg

post-42289-1243806120_thumb.jpg

Parts list:

TM 1911A1 frame plus internals, outer barrel(customized), barrel bushing(customized) and recoil spring plug(customized).

TM 4.3 Slide(customized), slide internals and inner barrel etc, slide stop(customized), thumb safety(customized) and hammer.

TM 5.1 foresight vane and trigger.

TM MEU grip safety and magazine(customized).

Hand made custom wood grips in Mahogany.

The first version of this pistol I custom built using a Marui 4.3 pistol but have now finally completed it as per the real steel type with a single stack magazine.

snip

snip

snip

snip

Parts list:

TM 1911A1 frame plus internals, outer barrel(customized), barrel bushing(customized) and recoil spring plug(customized).

TM 4.3 Slide(customized), slide internals and inner barrel etc, slide stop(customized), thumb safety(customized) and hammer.

TM 5.1 foresight vane and trigger.

TM MEU grip safety and magazine(customized).

Hand made custom wood grips in Mahogany.

WANT!

That is one hell of a cool gun, I loved the way my 4.3 slide looked on my 1911 and with it all rounded off it looks AWESOME

Absolutely love it! awesome work!

Thanks for the comment 'Stealth1911' its much appreciated.

She was alot of work but worth it.

To be honest the only real headaches in her building was the recoil plug/bushing conversion, front chin cut outs to slide and the frame front strap grip which is a piece of belt from a industrial sander, the red nobly type.

This is my sixth custom 1911 type ive built, i must be a glutten for punishment :D

I wanted to modify my trusty 1911, but wanted to get a pair and add full profile compensators to them both. The only trouble is, here in the UK they are not the easiest thing to find. I wondered if anyone out there knows where I can get a couple similar to these from, the compensators I mean, as this shows pretty much exactly what I want the muzzle end of my 1911 to look like.

P14001.jpg

P14009.jpg

Many thanks for any help that anyone can give, and I do love that gun whoever it belongs to.

Edited by Spencerman

I see your trying for the 'Punisher' look 1911's there 'Spencerman' nice ;)

post-42289-1243888541_thumb.jpg

post-42289-1243888552_thumb.jpg

Yes thought of doing these lovely ladies myself, if you pardon the expression :D

The only place i can think may sell them or at least try to get them for you is here: http://www.eliteshootingcentre.co.uk/index.htm

They may not be cheap as i recently bought a Bo-mar rear sight from them for a TM 5.1 and it came to £30 :(

looking forward to seeing your upcoming projects 'Stealth1911' sounds intriguing, good luck.

Edited by MrManiac
I wanted to modify my trusty 1911, but wanted to get a pair and add full profile compensators to them both. The only trouble is, here in the UK they are not the easiest thing to find. I wondered if anyone out there knows where I can get a couple similar to these from, the compensators I mean, as this shows pretty much exactly what I want the muzzle end of my 1911 to look like.

P14001.jpg

P14009.jpg

Many thanks for any help that anyone can give, and I do love that gun whoever it belongs to.

spencerman you can try here too, the punisher's comp they used in the movie are King's comps. http://www.gunaccessories.com/1911/kings/CompKits.asp

i think they will ship to the UK

I had a spare SD Kimber slide sitting around and decided to build a .45ACP upper for my 10mm Colt Delta Elite. I'm very pleased with how this looks and I think that I will hang onto it so that I can swap back and forth between this and my old Delta Elite Upper.

I really love this 1911. It has been fine tuned and has the best trigger pull of any of my guns (almost no travel and feather light). I never skirmish with this but it does a great job of filling the job of fun plinker. It is easy to shoot sub inch groupings at 6m with this.

One other thing to note about this build is that it was done before NOVA released all of their 1911 parts. This meant that I had to do a lot of custom work to get this look. These days it doesn't seem to special but back in the day it was pretty much one of a kind.

kim4z.jpg

kim3.jpg

kim2.jpg

kim1.jpg

The parts list for the gun with the Delta Elite upper:

TM 1911A1

TM Hi-Capa 5.1 Mainsrping Housing (Custom Fit)

TM Hi-Capa 4.3 Thumb Safety (Custom Fit)

TM Hi-Capa 5.1 Recoil Rod

TM Disconector (Modified for Ultra Light Trigger Pull)

TM Barrel Bushing (Polished)

KM Hammer Strut

PGC Colt Delta Elite Frame (Silver)

PGC Colt Delta Elite Slide (Silver)

PGC Colt Delta Elite 10mm Auto Outer Barrel (Black)

PGC Colt Delta Elite High Visibility Rear Sight

RCW Recoil Bushing

RS Wilson Grip Safety (Custom Fit)

RS Wilson Combat Magwell

RS Wilson Combat Magazine Bumper

RS Delta Elite Medallions

PDI 5" 6.01mm Tightbore (112.5mm)

PDI NeXT Hammer (Silver)

PDI Kimber Style Trigger (Black)

RSP Custom TM 1911 Grips

9Ball Dyna Piston Head

9Ball Chamber Packing

SD 150% Recoil Spring

SD 150% Hammer Spring

Chairsoft Custom Works Hammer Mod

Chairsoft Cutsom Works Disconnector Mod

Chairsoft Custom Works Trigger Tune

For the pictured Kimber Upper the upper is:

-RCW Recoil Bushing

-PGC Colt Delta Elite Slide (Silver)

-PGC Colt Delta Elite 10mm Auto Outer Barrel (Black)

-PGC Colt Delta Elite High Visibility Rear Sight

+TM 5.1 Bull Barrel

+SD Kimber Slide

+SD Kimber Sites

+TM 5.1 Recoil Bushing

Here's a shot of the gun with the 10mm upper:

bwdelta1vv5.jpg

Thanks.

For the moment I do like having the lower profile thumb safety since I seem to have issues with accidentally changing the position of the safety. I have considered an MEU style safety but this works well so I probably won't bother changing it.

It's not much of a looker, but it's saved me several times. Especially during last stands =p

TM M1911A1 with Guarder springfield kit

Looking to turn it more into an MEU pistol

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a239/trd.../IMG_3174_1.jpg

"Not much of a looker"? :blink:

dude! it's a classic, all metal TM 1911....it's GORGEOUS!

is the battle wear real or did you sand it down a bit?