1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Thought this would be best placed here.

Does anyone have a picture of the custom 1911 that is used in MGS3, that is not being carried by Snake as i want to see what the frame looks like at the front, wether it is checkered like the MEU or smooth like a 1911A1, i am planning to make one but with an all black slide i just need to see what the frame is like.

'FireKnife'

Thought this would be best placed here.

Does anyone have a picture of the custom 1911 that is used in MGS3, that is not being carried by Snake as i want to see what the frame looks like at the front, wether it is checkered like the MEU or smooth like a 1911A1, i am planning to make one but with an all black slide i just need to see what the frame is like.

'FireKnife'

MGS thread. Pics from MGS4 of it.

Time to show some more WA's here.

Finished my v10.

Based on WA scw2

- Prime Tommy Franks slide

- Prime Springfield Armory frame

- creation metal chamber

- steel front & rear sight

- upgraded springs

- CP hop up rubber

- rs wooden grips

img0085ouv.jpg

img0087aru.jpg

Edited by Clockwork_O

Clockwork, I love the grips and how the controls are starting to get worn.

Also, I have a quick question but I don't want to start a new thread...Can slide and frame sets "for TM MEU" also fit the the standard TM M1911A1? I am thinking of doing a MEU build and it would be much cheaper to start with a M1911A1 than it would be to start with the MEU (I would replace everything anyway)

OGGY you may well need to cut a small groove in the right side back upper edge of your 1911A1 grips, if using the Ed Brown style Ambi thumb safety, to allow for the locking pivot arm, both the Kimber and Kings type safeties use a captured head hammer pin to hold the right side of the safety in place.

goodluck with it ;)

Edited by MrManiac

Well actually I just caught the movie "SWAT" on FX, and it was literally Kimber TLE II overload, so now I am set on building a Kimber. It was a toss up between a MEU and a Kimber and that move settled it; so I won't need the Ed Brown safety.

The movie did bring up another question, however, about Surefire 310 and 610 lights. I know that extensive modification is required to get them on a Marui, but just how much is 'extensive'? I would want to put it on a NOVA SWAT frame (if I can find one), but I would rather not modify the frame. I have no problem filing the light itself as long as the plastic isn't .5mm thick by the time it is fitted.

Thanks, OGGY

Well actually I just caught the movie "SWAT" on FX, and it was literally Kimber TLE II overload, so now I am set on building a Kimber. It was a toss up between a MEU and a Kimber and that move settled it; so I won't need the Ed Brown safety.

The movie did bring up another question, however, about Surefire 310 and 610 lights. I know that extensive modification is required to get them on a Marui, but just how much is 'extensive'? I would want to put it on a NOVA SWAT frame (if I can find one), but I would rather not modify the frame. I have no problem filing the light itself as long as the plastic isn't .5mm thick by the time it is fitted.

Thanks, OGGY

You should PM pforcerecon about this.

He recently installed a 310 to his TM MEU, he experienced some difficulties but I'm sure he'd be able to help you.

But as the other guys have stated, finding one will be the first and probably the hardest step.

You'll have to take material off the light. A lot of material actually. I had to take off a lot off of my 310R.

Your first worry however, should be on sourcing a 310/610R. They've been discontinued for quite some time now.

I found a new one in Japan...now I have to convince them to send it to me using only google translate... <_<

At this point I am just focusing on the small parts; (slide stop, mag catch, housing, grip safety, trigger, hammer, guide rod, bushing, sights). Then once I have the gun all finished in that respect, I will have to choose between the Det-1, LAPD, and Warrior slide & frames (it will mostly depend on whether on not I can get that light.)

Anyway thanks for all your help, hopefully I will have a nice Kimber to add to this thread in the not so distant future! :D

EDIT: Also, trdsupragt, if you have any pics of your light and frame (preferably with the light off) would you mind PM-ing them to me?

Edited by -=OGGY=-