1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Thats for the help guys, I just copy and pasted from my redwolf cart and I forgot to delete the hammer spring.

What would be a good alternative to the AS springs?

Are the ACTION springs decent? (blue ones)

How is the AS nozzle?

EDIT: Also, how old are the NOVA 1911 parts? (when did they come out) and is NOVA still producing them?

Edited by -=OGGY=-

I use SD nozzle exclusively, some had luck with AS but the one I got broke in 20 shot. I've usually used Guarder spring set. Cheap and they work well.

The BBU is definitely a noticable change, but obviously I can't put it in number how much faster/lighter it shoots or kicks...

obviosly you can't... i was really asking if it was noticeable and got my answer... i'll have to do some shooting to feel if i really need it

EDIT: oggy i have the AS nozzle and it really good... a lot harder and tougher than the stock one... although i was very tight with the PDI piston head i got with the gun(got it second hand) but was perfect with the AS piston head it came with.

Edited by pedrosalas7
Then I may go with the SD nozzle the racingmanic mentioned since I will be using the Nine Ball piston head.

Where can I find the Guarder springs, SD nozzle, and nine ball 'packing'? (hopefully in one place)

Dentrinity should have them all.

Hey guys, I really hate to post this in the pictures thread section, but have had no joy on the wanted section. I am after a couple of compesators (two the same) for my 1911's, eactly as per this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1911-45acp-muzzle-brak...%3A1%7C294%3A50

So far I have had no joy finding one, let alone two of them available to the UK. I am happy to pay via paypal for these if there is someone who can help, either who has one or can get one for me, or point me to someone who can. This is about the last piece I think that I need to finish my little project, then I can post up pictures!

Many thanks,

Spencer.

Edited by Spencerman
Rosewood in Red and glazed Black.

Hey Drake, your MEUs are stunning, especially the mixed-color-version … Koba I guess. Any problem to fit? I hoped to bring up my TRP first, but never got the chance to get my hands on a Koba frame.

Cheers

Is indeed a koba frame and it went on with relative ease although not quite as easy as it did on my 1911a1 and did require a little sanding for the safety catch to move freely.

Does anyone have the PGC Kimber Warrior Kit? I am trying to decide between that and the NOVA kit; I was origionally thinking NOVA all the way but the PGC may have a nicer finish. They are both CNC right? ,

Pictures of both the PGC Kit as well as some more of the NOVA kit would be very appreciated! :D

Yeah it looks excellent in that picture. The thing is I have been talking to MCXL about his NOVA warrior frame, and he mentioned that the slide and frame are actually different colors (frame is lighter). That is way I want to just do a bit more research into the NOVA finish as well as that of the alterative (PGC).

On another note, is that the chamber that came with the slide and frame?

The frame is different because of me. If I wasn't so damn lazy I would take down the gun and wash the lower and upper. I lubed the ###### out of the upper when it was binding with the old outer. the lube made the upper slightly darker.

NOVA externals for the body are super nice, but the outer barrel was a aluminum piece of flaming ######. Get a nice steel outer, there are a ton out there.

I do vote for the nova kit though, the fitment on mine has been pretty excellent.

And RacingManiac, if you ever sell that Kimber, you put me at the top of your list. I need a non railed kimber in addition to my warrior.

Well that is good to hear; but although the mis matched colors were a big part of my decision, I am also considering the PGC becase I think the finish may be a bit darker and less blue. Usually I am all for a nice blued finish, but since I will be using the pistol in conjuction with an M6x, I really think the frame sould be darker and more black, so the colors of the frame and light don't 'clash' (Yes, I really am that paticular about airsoft :D Either that or I am just finding something to worry about the fill the time while I earn more money :P)

EDIT: If THIS is a NOVA frame, than I am sold (ILLusion's Kimber from Airsoft Canada) I am awaiting a PM response from him.

Edited by -=OGGY=-
hello

I want to get some bomar sights for my 1911 as i'm adding a hi capa slide and TM sights are imposible to find.

-Pedro Salas.

Seems no one replied visibly on this thread to your initial question 'pedrosalas7' I think the WA eye candy got the better of them :lol:

I had to buy a set of Bo-mar sights recently and got them from here: http://www.eliteshootingcentre.co.uk/index.htm

They weren't cheap £30 for just the rear sight alone! I have no idea if he ships abroad or what additional costs will be but its got to be worth asking if it will complete your project 'pedrosalas7'.

Hope that helps.

Nope it's NOVA. (pretty sure) I did some more research, and around the mag release you can see that there is an unnessesary angle (from CNC'ing, sometimes they try to be too perfect and over look stuff). I looked at a frame that I am sure is NOVA and compared it to the one in the pic, both have the angle. I actually don't mind it, I would like it without it, but the finish is just priceless :D

When i first saw it i thought it was the wa one because it looked like metal finsh they tried to give the plastic slide. A blue/grey colour, but to bright imo. But then once i saw it on the telly it lost that look straight away and looks a lot nicer. I want that exact kit too, have done for ages, but its so expensive getting all the bits in one go :(