1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Can't wait see it finished! I really like "flashy" 1911's but I want to build a more standard one for skirmishing before I try my hand at one :P

On another note, does anyone know where I can find a .45 APC chamber/one-piece barrel & chamber for the marui (in chrome)?

I got a bit of a problem with my army MEU mag.

It's leaking like crazy. I get about a second of fill and then all the propane shoots out in a big cloud from the valve.

I tightened it but that didn't seem to help any.

So if anyone knows whats up I'd appreciate it if you gave me some feedback.

It's leaking like crazy. I get about a second of fill and then all the propane shoots out in a big cloud from the valve.

This could be due to the nice people at the 'ARMY' factory damaging or forgetting to put the rubber 'O' rings in. I had a similar problem with my 'Bell' 1911A1 only the rubber 'O' rings were cut in half as the valve was screwed in to place at the factory!

Or the rubber seals are just 'dry' as both mags that came with my 'Bell' 1911A1 were bone dry!!

Just soak them in silicon/teflon lube over night and it should clear up the problem.

Hope that helps.

If the 'O' ring is damaged then its a replacement im afraid, try a local DIY centre they may have a selection of 'O' rings of that size, or try the web for a replacement.

On the other hand if you unscrew the the two halves there should be a spring inside the tube itself if this is missing that could be the problem.

Or the milled out hole in the bottom of the magazine the valve sits in, is slightly over sized, other than that im at a loss.

I would still soak it all in Silicon/Teflon lube over night and see.

Sorry i couldn't be of more help.

Edited by MrManiac
What type of trigger do you have on there Mr. Maniac?

Its the Marui MEU trigger but im thinking of changing it out for a Guarder one, as per my other 1911s.

Glad to be of help 'M@tt-4576'.

I had another thought on this, it could be the small spring inside the valve sticking, again soak it all in lube and see what happens.

Goodluck ;-)

Edited by MrManiac

The Marui MEU trigger is surprisingly good but can be easily dulled with use.

Nova Triggers as far as I know are of Matte finish, good quality too.

Ive used Guarder triggers as replacements and been very happy with them.

DO NOT get NineBall!!

If you are using any of the single stack pistols by Marui as the triggers are a little short so the holes disappear within the frame, their OK for the Hi-capa types in this respect but be warned the finish is a horrid dull pitted silver.

Edited by MrManiac

Personally I'd get the ProG4 Trigger and their Steel Trigger Bow. Nova Trigger that I've used all needs some fitting to the stock trigger loop and in Hi-Capa's case, to the grip. Which is why I ended up polishing all my triggers. At any rate though, either one should work. Most triggers are matte AFAIK...

I had that problem as well. It had nothing to do with the fill valve. What you want to do is unscrew the base of the magazine, where the allen screw is. It's pretty long as it reaches all the way to the top of the magazine. Once you've unscrewed it, pull the base out (it might take some force). Do it firmly but slowly as you don't want the screw to go into your eye socket. After you've removed it, just lubricate the o-ring with some kind of sealant, some grease (I use either silicone sealant or white lithium grease) or maybe even replace the o-ring entirely.

AFter that, just reverse the process and everything should be fine and functional.

Hmmm damn! oh well 'M@tt-4576' it seems you have a duff mag, you could try sending it back to the place that sold it you.

Though if i were you i'd strip it down of all its parts and clean and lube the parts then soak the 'O' rings again but for a week!

I know its damn frustrating but sometimes its worth leaving the seals that long in soak, as ive done numerous times with WE, Marui and Bell mag seals in the past.

Try posting on the technical threads aswell, if you haven't already, with this and see if someone else may have another idea, you never know.

Sorry i couldn't help more mate.

Decided my Les Baer needed front cocking serrations...

post-42289-1245261179_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrManiac