1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Partially finished in refurbishing my CA 1911. I'm going for a Bob Chow/.460 Rowland look. I still need to fit a donated Bomar rear sight, and decide if I'm polishing the grip safety and backstrap since the paintjob didn't hold too well in those areas. Eventually, as the paint chips off, I'll probably turn everything to a brushed stainless look.

ProG4 hammer set installed since the CA stock ones were really bad.

100_1439.jpg

My own compensator installed and recoil spring guide taken from my old Para Ord. Also my own grips.

100_1445.jpg

Hand stippled front strap.

100_1450.jpg

Spring plug and guide rod were ground flush against the slide for a clean look.

100_1457.jpg

Edited by renegadecow
Bought it about 2 weeks ago, it's a great gun and feels great. TM MEU installed with Guarder Springfield Metal kit, 150% recoil spring, and steel mag release.

Nice. How do you like the Guarder kit? A pretty straight forward fitting?

Nice. How do you like the Guarder kit? A pretty straight forward fitting?

AEX did the fitting, so not sure how that went. My complaints would be that the front serrations appears to cut off Springfield signature, and that the slide likes to stop halfway when racking it. I'm guessing it needs to be broken in?

Other than that, it's my first 1911 pistol, so I don't have much to compare it to. It is a tad larger than I thought it would be, so I'm considering trading it off for a KSC USPc since those fit me better.

P1010274.jpg

Don't worry about the Springfield trades being cut off by the serrations mate.

This was actually the case with some of the 'real steel' MEU pistols also.

It's not a design error by Guarder they are just copying one of the many looks of the 'real steel' MEU ;)

As many will know the MEU is made up of various bits and pieces from different RS manufacturers.

Some of the slides were made by Springfield, some by Caspian and some were completely blank with no trades.

The Springfield Custom slide as copied by Guarder did not have front cocking serrations but these were required by the Marines so the pistol could be used in difficult conditions and to make it easier to carry out a 'press check'

Therefore as the slides with the Springfield Custom trades were what was available at the time the serrations were stamped over the trades.

That is basically why your airsoft MEU only has the start of the Springfield trades.

It is also worth noting the the 'Early Version MEU' did not have these front cocking serrations.

Edited by chris u'5

Army Armament MEU in black with an additional TM 1911 mag - I've removed the paint from and polished the outer barrel, also the grips have been Kryloned khaki, Guarder 1911 enhanced recoil spring added.

Cracking bit of kit for the money and a great skirmishing sidearm out of the box.

stuff009.jpgstuff011.jpg

I also don't like how guarder kept the PROFESSIONAL on it.

Actually, on Springfield's Custom shop Professional 1911's (their $2200 1911 for the FBI HRT), there is a "professional" rollmark on each pistol. So technically, it's used quite often

Does anyone have/have pics of the NOVA M1911A1 kit? Possibly compared to another NOVA kit? (any other kit works).

I am thinking about doing an old school MEU(SOC) build rather than a Kimber, using a M1911 frame and a different slide. And yes, I know the finish is different on the M1911A1 than all the others, I just want to see how different it is. It is one thing if the two shades give it character, but it is a completely different thing if it looks two tone.

Thanks, OGGY