1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

I finally got my hands on the parts I needed to start my little project. No prizes for guessing that they are based on the pistols from the Punisher movie. I am not trying to make exact replicas of the film guns, I just liked the style and wanted something similar. I am not sure what parts I will modify next yet, might swap the safeties and the slide release for some slightly different ones, but for now I am happy, and as for performance, I am even happier. :D

P6290162.jpg

P6290164.jpg

P6290163.jpg

I must say ta big thanks to Plasticmag for all of his help.

I finally got my hands on the parts I needed to start my little project. No prizes for guessing that they are based on the pistols from the Punisher movie. I am not trying to make exact replicas of the film guns, I just liked the style and wanted something similar. I am not sure what parts I will modify next yet, might swap the safeties and the slide release for some slightly different ones, but for now I am happy, and as for performance, I am even happier. :D

I must say ta big thanks to Plasticmag for all of his help.

what make are the base pistols & what make are the compensators? ware did you get the comps from?

The guns are Army MEU pistols, and although they are cheap I have been very very impressed with them, ranging as far as some of my aegs. The compensators are BCA industries and require a little bit of modification to fit, but they are barrel bushing twist on so they are pretty simple to install. You can get them from gunpartswarehouse.com or from ebay.com, but in the UK they are not easy to source.

I asked this in the Just Pistols forum, but haven't had any replies.

I've decided to build myself a nice 1911 as a long term project. A no-expense-spared kind of thing. Going to start off with a plain old TM M1911 and go from there.

Decided as the first step to get a Kimber Warrior kit. The NOVA and PGC kits are pretty much the same price, but I don't know which is best?

I've not really done much GBB modding, although I do plenty on AEGs, so I'm looking for a kit that I'm ideally NOT going to have to take my Dremel to. However the quality of the kit and it's accuracy to the RS Kimber are also important.

Seen some posts in this thread about NOVAs being good, but also read about people having fitting problems. Would like to hear some opinions and recommendations please.

I say NOVA because whenever I look at the PGC it looks as though the messed up the front proportiions (I'll post a comparison shot in a sec ;) )

EDIT: Also fitting problems occor because NOVA made their kits fit perefectly with their parts. If your got all NOVA parts it would fit perfectly.

111111111111e.jpg

Now that you know what I am talking about, look at the original photos:

PGC: http://www.pgc.com.hk/22022009/P1030653.JPG

NOVA: http://i.pbase.com/o6/19/177719/1/10229125...4q._DSC8080.jpg

Edited by -=OGGY=-

^That isn't exactly true, the NOVA outer barrel that came with my slide and frame kit needed to be fitted to the kit. I've also heard that their slide stops need modification to work properly with the NOVA kit. However I do agree that NOVA is overall better despite some of those minor issues. The finish and quality isn't as delicate as PGC's finish and NOVA kits themselves aren't to difficult to install properly.

Edited by PMMJKL
Do real steal grips fit the TM 1911A1?

How does your conscience feel after using stolen grips?

Real steel grips do fit with a bit of work. "Work" involves removing some materials from the grip for they fit flush with the TM body because of slightly elongated spacers rings; or at least that was how it was with my old Strider G10 grips.

Depends on the grip you may or may not need to do that....The Pachmayr Signature grip(MEU style) works without any fitting. Some random custom wood grip that I got also didn't need any work. My Kimber's carbon fibre grip needs to do some beveling on the holes to fit...

If it is even needed, nothing serious at all. The channels which the grip spacer ring fits into may need a bit of shaving down. For my G10 grips it was a small flat screwdriver doing a few revolutions with a bit of sand paper. Once you get a pair, fit them and have them not fit snugly, then it is a pretty clear solution.