1911 Picture Thread

Thanks guys!

Clock: Milan, that's nothing compare to a "ULTIMATE COMPACT 1911" B)

Mr. Maniac: no, that's not real steel part, it will take forever to mod those to fit the kit, that's the "KSK" grip safety, perfect fit!

Pforecerecon: since I assemble this SIS with no base gun, it set me back a LOT of $$, but the end result is pretty good

DSC05400.jpg

REAR VIEW:

DSC05402.jpg

Edited by wwjkc
  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

I figured that this would be the place to ask:

Are there any replicas of the Simonich Gunner grips on the market at the moment? I'm hoping to pick up a second 1911, and, being somewhat compulsive about this sort of thing, would really like them to match, but I simply cannot justify the price of two pairs of simonich grips. The Kimber type grips on RSOV are akin to what I'm looking for, but I'm looking for the simonich golfball pattern, rather than that odd waffle type.

Slightly OT here, but i dont want to make a new thread for it.

Does anybody know how to make a 1911 full auto?

I have worked out how to disable the semi-cutof, but this means that the hammer will fall when the slide is back and that would damage the BBU and probably mean you need to recock it for every shot(not full auto then).

Either that or i shortstroke it so the hammer cant fall inside the slide... but i dont want to do that,

Any help appreciated :).

Here is a picture of the 1911 i am working on

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...st&id=40952

I have worked out how to disable the semi-cutof, but this means that the hammer will fall when the slide is back and that would damage the BBU and probably mean you need to recock it for every shot(not full auto then).

Either that or i shortstroke it so the hammer cant fall inside the slide... but i dont want to do that,

You mean modifying the bbu so it doesn't engage the disconnector right? I pretty much think this is how the Marui Hi-Capa Xtreme does it as its short stroked as well and pretty much required for it to work. I'd try peering into the WA full auto prokillers for some ideas.

edit:

Looking back on slow mo vids of the Marui Xtreme, it seems to be using a different way to do full auto as the hammer falls only after the slide has gone back into battery unlike the bbu/shortstroke mod where the hammer rides the slide. Might want to check on those especially since there a cheap china clone out to tinker on.

Edited by renegadecow
whats the deal with that threaded barrel poking out so much? my WA uses a PDI threaded barrel and doesnt have any weird "under-barrel" peaking from the barrel lol.

yaa it's mounted to the PDI 6-inch inner barrel, . I didn't want it sitting to close to the slide, since it loosens every time I shoot <_<

ah i see, a bit of a odd method if u ask me but looks the part enough :)

i figured itd be best to ask in here but does anyone know where i can find some WA 28 rd long magazines? all the main stores seem to be out of stock till the end of time with those. better yet, anyONE willing to let theirs go :D ?