1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

That T2 1911 is awsome. I always wondered when someone would make one.

Anyone ever plan to make The Comedians 1911 from the Watchmen film? That was a cool 1911

Augh, longslides. Hard to find, plus it has rails.

Comedian1911s.jpg To anyone who didn't know what they looked like. Grips would be easy to find though.

Good luck to nyone who tries.

Hey guys, you seemed to be the ones to ask about this sort of thing...

Ive got an Army MEU on the way (black one), im intending to polish up the inner barrel and lower frame, should look pretty kick *albatross* on the outside.... Now i just need to know what to do to the inside? If i gave you a budget of say £50, what would YOU do? im not really wanting hi flows, or uprated hammer springs, as its a gas guzzler and shoots over 300 on green as is. I was thinking maybe recoil spring, but ive heard this stops it locking back? Which i also dont want.

Im thinking a new hop rubber, i was looking at the "shark hop rubber 60", is this a good choice? any different reccomendations? And also, the obligatory tightbore, possibly a PDI 6.1 if i can source one....

Anything else you can think of? Ill have to post some pictures when im done.

Thanks!

Hm... Personally, I don't really like black furniture on a silver 1911.

No offense, but you have no taste then.

Nothing looks better on silver 1911s than a pair of nice black grips. If you get some of those grips that come from a kimber SIS, the half carbon fiber ones, that would be uber hawt.

Edited by Mega12

Yea, I just started on the project. I had silver controls in mind, this is just the frame and slide, but personally it looks a lot better than I thought it would. As for now looking to see some suggestions on it, until I get the funds to continue on my project. Already have the slide safety coming. Might be getting those pricey Kimber carbon fiber grips I've wanted.

No offense, but you have no taste then.

Nothing looks better on silver 1911s than a pair of nice black grips. If you get some of those grips that come from a kimber SIS, the half carbon fiber ones, that would be uber hawt.

+1

I had a Silver Guarder M1911 kitted Tm with Black TM meu grips - awesome.

The black compliments the silver very nicely :D

+1

I had a Silver Guarder M1911 kitted Tm with Black TM meu grips - awesome.

The black compliments the silver very nicely :D

I had one..Oh wait that was mine to :P

Some pachmayer grips and a M3 flashlight on that Kimber would look amazing

Does every Kimber metal kit say Kinber or just some?

Edited by Mr Foxhound

Here's something a little different. It's a WE 3.9 1911 frame with a WE MEU slide with its guts, and some gubbins from it too.

DSC00132.jpg

DSC00133.jpg

It's got a TM hop up unit along with a KM rubber. I know about the front end, I'm planning on replacing it anyway. Couple of notes about this...

1. Everything inside and including the TM 4.3 slide swaps over. However, the gun shoots about 1 inch low, meaning that the inner barrel sits at a downward angle inside the outer barrel, which in turn means that the entire hop up assembly is getting pushed up inside the gun. This leads me to believe everything inside a TM Hi-Capa slide sits slightly lower than the WE counterpart. The TM slide is also a REALLY tight fit. Cycles fine, but needs some lube to run smoothly.

2. WE 1911 slide works perfectly fine, no accuracy issues.

3. 4.3 length inner barrels don't work in the WE 1911 5 inch outer barrels. A shorter inner barrel points WAY off, so the shot goes high right.

4. Every so often, the slide occasionally binds. Racking it solves the problem. Happens only when racking manually, not during firing. Not sure what's going on here.

5. The dust cover (the portion of the frame in front of the trigger guard) is actually Government length, not Officer length. You can use either the 5 inch slide, 4.3 inch slide, or the 3.9 inch without any problems.

Also forgot to add...interestingly enough, this gun actually exists. Well, to be more accurate, a custom gunsmithing company called Cylinder and Slide can actually cut the frame down on a full size 1911 to Officer's length, whilst leaving a full 5 inch slide on the gun. Here's an example (gun is NOT mine, belongs to a forum member called BriGuy1 over on thehighroad forums):

KimberChopped.jpg

Edited by ruchik

This arrived yesterday from ebaybanned, Less that 10 days between placing the order and arrival, so cant complain! Sorry for the pics, cant find my camera so used the one on my phone instead. Actually very surprised, for a gu8n that cost £45 including shipping, it shoots really well, and looks really nice too. Good quality finishing, and it seems the quality control has really been stepped up.

image0066p.jpg

image0068.jpg

image0065.jpg