1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Well i had to do something about the scuff marks on the chamber, so now, ive begun sanding down the barrel and chamber. 800 grit, then 1000 wet and dry. Now it just needs polishing up and sealing. With the silver trigger, silver barrel and chamber, and silver grip screws, i think there needs to be a little bit more. I cant decide whether to give the grip safety, ambi safety, both, or neither, the same treatment. Anyway, what do you guys think?

image0072y.jpg

image0076.jpg

image0077hbk.jpg

Sorry to say that, but those are some bad pictures.

What gun is that?

Did the same thing.

I figured out that you get less scratches on the metal if you wet-sand it.

http://www.abload.de/img/img_0557hb3b.jpg

Its an Army MEU, and yes, im aware they're bad pictures, but my proper camera is broken, was just looking for some input on what needed silverificating (yes its a real word)

Yea, wet sanding does help to minimise scratches. Did you polish yours afterwards? what with? Did you then seal it? What with? Sorry for all the questions, but seems like yours has maintained its shine better than mine.

Punky, loving the 1911, its almost detonics ish. Though personally, i think its a shame it has no trades to speak of. Nice pic though :D

On the Second Magpul Carbine DVD. Both Costa and Travis used 1911s.

I noticed they both had either extended mags or used a detonics type frame.

I'm not sure because it looked like they had a standard frame.

Is there any TM 1911/MEU kit to possibly do the same Kimber as Travis'?

As i believe there's no Wilson Combat kit or slides.

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Punky you're building quite the pistol collection there! Does that 1911 have trades on the other side? Im assuming its the WE? Any cool down issues?

That I am! Would have gotten my 8th pistol today were it not for the royalmail strike today :(

Yes that is the WE. It doesn't have any trades on both sides. No cooldown issues that I've experienced, although I had a valve stick open on me, which somehow fixed itself a day later. Am planning to get genuine Hogue wood grips on it.

Edited by Punkypink
On the Second Magpul Carbine DVD. Both Costa and Travis used 1911s.

I noticed they both had either extended mags or used a detonics type frame.

I'm not sure because it looked like they had a standard frame.

Is there any TM 1911/MEU kit to possibly do the same Kimber as Travis'?

As i believe there's no Wilson Combat kit or slides.

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Is The volume 2 out?

Does anybody know if Bell mags are compatable with the Army MEU?

That they are, just about, but i really wouldnt reccomend it. The problem is the tolerances on the bell mags are just, well, *suitcase*. They are *supposed* to be, but many people have found they have problems with not quite fitting etc, and they often develop a leak quickly, or leak right out the box. Plus, why would you use normal 1911 mags in a MEU? Sacrilige if you ask me. You're better off spending the few extra $ getting the ARMY MEU mags, there good quality, and relatively cheap (in comparison to TM MEU mags), but you can still get 2 with change from £30

Edited by Dom S
That they are, just about, but i really wouldnt reccomend it. The problem is the tolerances on the bell mags are just, well, *suitcase*. They are *supposed* to be, but many people have found they have problems with not quite fitting etc, and they often develop a leak quickly, or leak right out the box. Plus, why would you use normal 1911 mags in a MEU? Sacrilige if you ask me. You're better off spending the few extra $ getting the ARMY MEU mags, there good quality, and relatively cheap (in comparison to TM MEU mags), but you can still get 2 with change from £30

I'll say from experience they fit, but the Army mag is miles better - 30fps more from the Army mag then the Bell, no detectable leaks. Mind you my Tercel mag also leaked straight out of the box too ;).

And answered punky :) but where did you get that beautifully practical holster - I feel guilty about keeping a detonics in my pocket now...

Like this?

I will change my M6 or an M3.

I like either, it's what I'm building too - may I ask what outter-barrel Ivan?

DarkMM :flamed:

Edited by DarkMM