1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

That they are, just about, but i really wouldnt reccomend it. The problem is the tolerances on the bell mags are just, well, *suitcase*. They are *supposed* to be, but many people have found they have problems with not quite fitting etc, and they often develop a leak quickly, or leak right out the box. Plus, why would you use normal 1911 mags in a MEU? Sacrilige if you ask me. You're better off spending the few extra $ getting the ARMY MEU mags, there good quality, and relatively cheap (in comparison to TM MEU mags), but you can still get 2 with change from £30

Normally, I would use MEU mags in the MEU, but for the sake of cheapness, I thought I'd pick one up since I'm ordering from EBB anyway, and they don't carry Army mags. Oh well........

Punky, that baby hi cappa is a small component of THE SEX, im sure of it. Its beautiful. I just dont know why though, but i hate the grips on hi cappa's. They just look too fat for me, especially on a wee lil shooter like that. Id rather get a 1911 double stacker, much thinner, and still looks shweet

LA Vickers Custom 1911.

I built this for my upcoming CAG impression.

3827796837_851081bba3_o.jpg

3827809001_7753238279_o.jpg________________________________________________________________________________

_______

TM MEU base

Nova LA Vickers Custom conversion kit (cnc aluminium)

Nova Kimber Barrel bushing (stainless steel)

Nova Recoil spring plug (stainless steel)

Nova SA Beaver tail (steel)

Nova Vickers housing magwell (steel)

Nova Ambidextrous safety (steel)

Nova Slide stop (steel)

Nova Mag catch (steel)

Shooter's Design Stainless steel outer barrel

Shooter's Design Stainless steel chamber

Shooter's Design Stainless steel valve knocker

PDI hammer (steel)

PDI trigger (cnc aluminium)

PDI .01 inner barrel

PDI sear (steel)

PDI piston head

ProHandgun steel trigger ring

Guarder 150% recoil & hammer springs

RS wood grips

Wilson Combat mag bases

Stainless steel pins

And here's my inspiration, built by Larry Vickers himself:

vickers-custom-1911.jpg

Edited by Seraphein
Punky, that baby hi cappa is a small component of THE SEX, im sure of it. Its beautiful. I just dont know why though, but i hate the grips on hi cappa's. They just look too fat for me, especially on a wee lil shooter like that. Id rather get a 1911 double stacker, much thinner, and still looks shweet

heh thanks. It's not too bad actually. However I might have mucked it up already lol.

Edit: phew, I haven't!

Edited by Punkypink
LA Vickers Custom 1911.

I built this for my upcoming CAG impression.

(snip)

Perfect 1911. New, tacticalness without being too flashy and classic looking

Can we get a head on side view (perpendicular to sides of gun)

Edited by Whan

Fantastic Larry Vickers mate, really well done on that!

It puts the majority of the recent additions to this thread to shame.

I'm slightly curious to know why most people when attempting a CAG/Delta 1911 opt for this style of 1911?

Obviously I'm aware of the link between Larry Vickers and Delta but it seems many people going for the CAG look have similar pistols. I know many Delta operators use a 1911 but are there pictures out there that suggest they go for this style of 1911?

And I like to see more pictures too!

Hey guys. Sorry to go off topic here for a sec.

Does anyone know which holsters will fit a TM Nova or PGC Kimber Warrior kit with a light?

If so which lights?

Thanks a lot.

Which holster system are you interested in? There are quite a number of companies/individuals that makes and carries holsters for railed 1911 with weapon mounted light. Specifics such as either waist mounted or drop leg holster, leather or kydex, etc. would help us point you in the right direction.

First company to pop into my head is Safariland.

I'm slightly curious to know why most people when attempting a CAG/Delta 1911 opt for this style of 1911?

Obviously I'm aware of the link between Larry Vickers and Delta but it seems many people going for the CAG look have similar pistols. I know many Delta operators use a 1911 but are there pictures out there that suggest they go for this style of 1911?

Thanks for the praise, I'm glad you like it!

To be honest I'm not aware of what kind of 1911 other people attempting CAG impressions choose. I did some research on different 1911's including Wilson Combat, Nighthawk and Kimber as well as private custom shops but when I saw gun in the inspirational photograph I fell for it. Seeing that Vickers is a most respected gunsmith as well as the fact that he has made several pistols for and even trained Delta operators in small arms technique after his retirement from the unit made it an obvious choice. Photographic evidence is pretty much nonexistent however, as it is pretty much impossible to tell in detail what kind of 1911 are used. Besides, it varies from operator to operator since the 1911 is bought through a grant the operator receives when antering the unit. So, it is nothing issued at all; it is very much OP.

Edited by Seraphein
Which holster system are you interested in? There are quite a number of companies/individuals that makes and carries holsters for railed 1911 with weapon mounted light. Specifics such as either waist mounted or drop leg holster, leather or kydex, etc. would help us point you in the right direction.

First company to pop into my head is Safariland.

Sorry i was being very vague.

I'm looking for a holster that can be belt mounted and drop legged. I was thinking of a Serpa.

I was also thinking of kydex holsters. But i don't know which make to choose from.

I'm using a drop leg holster similar to a Safariland currently. But i want to give belt mounted a try.

And being honest i don't really like safariland's locking system.

As per the belt mounted holsters if the pistol can be mounted lower than the belt a bit would be great.

So my drawing action won't be blocked by my CIRAS. But this is not a must.

I would prefer a holster that secures the pistol so it won't fall out while i'm goind prone, running, dropping to the floor or jumping.

But a fast draw and fast re-holster would be required.

Thanks a lot.

Edited by alston251
Thanks for the praise, I'm glad you like it!

To be honest I'm not aware of what kind of 1911 other people attempting CAG impressions choose. I did some research on different 1911's including Wilson Combat, Nighthawk and Kimber as well as private custom shops but when I saw gun in the inspirational photograph I fell for it. Seeing that Vickers is a most respected gunsmith as well as the fact that he has made several pistols for and even trained Delta operators in small arms technique after his retirement from the unit made it an obvious choice. Photographic evidence is pretty much nonexistent however, as it is pretty much impossible to tell in detail what kind of 1911 are used. Besides, it varies from operator to operator since the 1911 is bought through a grant the operator receives when antering the unit. So, it is nothing issued at all; it is very much OP.

Oh yeah mate, no doubt.

I was just curious in case I was missing something, as over the years several people have produced similarly styled pistols claiming that they are CAG/Delta inspired.

I realise it was extremely wishful thinking to expect a detailed pictured, these aren't they kind of guys that stand around posing for pictures!

As you stated I'm aware that these operators are reportedly given a 'stipend' in order to purchase their own pistols, with Kimber, Wilson and Vickers being popular choices (Larry Vickers being a particularly sought after gunsmith considering his background and gunsmithing skills)

I asked in the very, very slight chance that there was some detailed info out there that I wasn't aware of but I suppose pretty much any well made 1911 from respectable gunsmiths are acceptable.

Anywho, once again well done on your creation. There's no doubt that it's a unique piece and one you should be proud of.

If you can, please post some more pictures.

Edit.

What are the markings on the SD chamber?

Edited by chris u'5

alston251

For 1911 with a light a serpa is out of the question.

Safariland makes what your looking for. They have all sorts of platforms for there 6004 series. Belt, low belt leg shroud molle, whatever.

For a warrior with a light you will need either 6004-5340-xxx (Surefire x200 light) or 6004-5621-xxx (M3, M3x, M6)

The last three digits designate color and handedness. The first two digits of this series pertain to color:

12 Black

51 OD/Ranger Green

55 Coyote/FDE Brown

The last digit of the series pertains to handedness.

1 Right Hand

2 Left Hand

So a 6004-5621-121 would be a 6004 holster for a railed kimber/Springfield operator with a m6 in black, thats right handed.

Hope that helps!

*snip*

You can also check out a Blade-Tech Level 2 holster with their "TEK-LOK™ system, of which can be adjusted for 3 positions, straight drop, FBI cant, and muzzle forward. The TekLok can also be adjusted for different belt widths." I believe it is made with Kydex 100. It does not use a rotating hood but a thumb break. I also believe that also sell a tactical drop leg system for their Level 2 holster, thus allowing you to switch between drop leg holster or belt mount.

Also if that Blade-Tech holster doesn't work for you with clearance space for a CIRAS, they do have Drop and Offset Holster which should give you the room you need.

What are the markings on the SD chamber?

I went for a blank chamber, to keep it nice and simple. Seeing that the gun is obviously made from a Springfield base it would be logical to assume there were SA markings on the chamber but then again Vickers is known not to leave too many marks on his custom work. After weighing the two options, I fell for the clean and simple one.

I'll be taking a few more pictures in a while, stay tuned for updates :)