1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Wow, nice pics racingmaniac! The Springfield's awesome too! :wub:

Schaap, yeah it needed a lot of filing and customizing to get it to fit and work. Took me almost half a day and a sliced thumb to do it, but it was my first time installing a kit like that (probably the last too).

I wonder if you'd say that if he took a picture of it with his cell phone camera? :lol: Hmm... anyway, it looks great even without the comp.

Also, I like the 1911ish styling on the hi-capa, somegirls. It does give it a more sleek appearance.

Those grips just top that gun off. What type are they?

On a sidenote, my Kimber has the same standard form for too long for my taste. I've been trying to find a threaded barrel for this for some time now, but I just can't find any... Anyone that can point me into a direction? (It's a WA btw)

Thanks for the comment guys....

the comp is just a bit more problem...the set screw system just work itself loose constantly that I got tired of it....plus the new issue of the Guns&Ammo's Book of 1911 gave me some inspiration on re-doing some aspect of the gun...

elrey is right though...it's all about the pictures....;)

Hi guys, quick question. Would a TM Hi cappa 5.1 guide rod be compatable with a TM 1911? Or a MEU? Im wanting to fit a recoil guide rod to my MEU, i know i need to faff with the stopper, what mods would i need to do to make it fit? Any alternatives? Thanks. Also, that springfield.. those grips.... just, amazing

All you need is a through bushing(as opposed to the closed one), and cut off the little knubby on the hop-up chamber to use the Hi-Capa guide rod. For use with barrel bushing though, you need a bushing with a barrel bushing lip as opposed to a regular Hi-Capa bushing...

The holster versions for Kimber Warrior, Springfield Operator and other railed 1911 models wouldn't work because the adapter gives the roundly shaped 1911 triggerguard a squared Hicapa/STI/Infinity shape. Only chance I see is a Safariland model for STI/Infinity. Safariland has it in the product line, but hard to get. And I'm not quite convinced, the adaptive rail is slim enough to equal a squared fram of a Infinity. I thing it is a bit more bold and might cause fitting problems.

1911 + rail attachment = bad combo for weapon specific molded holsters.

Edited by SamJacksonFan

Hi fellas, any one know if rs trijicon night sight will fit a nova kimber MBK? Just need two more parts to finish my kimber warrior. Them sights and a flared grip safety as the tanio koba one i had doesnt fit, even after dremeling the ballbags off it :(

Not without SERIOUS mods to the sights. If you get the right spec front it isn't to hard, (I got the wrong one :| ) but the rear is a serious pain, and is mildly dangerous. (if you bust open a vial by accident and breathe some of that *suitcase* in it can be bad)

It can be done though, mine. (look at the rear sight.)

DSC_0079.jpg