1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

I thought there is something new I haven't heard about.

Pic request:

Kimber Warrior

Kimber Desert Warrior

(I saw them few pages earlier but keep them coming :) )

I hope one day I can post mine here, too.

Does anyone know a good source for grips for people outside US? Most seller doesn't ship overseas. Thanks.

Edited by emp3ror86

ebay.

can someone post a pic of a TM colt government with meu pachmayr grips, cuz thats what i might be doing. i just want to see what it looks like first, instead of wasting my money on altamont springfield grips instead while i have a perfect set of grips already.

Edited by TeowneD
any gas 1911 will have cool down issue....

Last weekend, I shot exactly 50 shots with my WA M1911 on one full gas reservoir. Temp around 10°C, one second between each shot.

Anyway, pic time!

ARMY MEU and WA Kimber:

wa18.jpg

wa17.jpg

And the WA with a PDI smoke cap silencer:

wa19.jpg

Edited by Zmarre
any gas 1911 will have cool down issue....especially if you try to empty 28 rounds in rapid succession on a tiny gas reservoir of a 1911mag....its just physics....If you don't want that, get a Hi-capa...

+1

I love my PGC kitted TM Delta but I can usually get 10-14 shots off at most during a skirmish.

There's really no point shooting at a target at close - mid range with 1 second intervals.

I empty the 1911 5 at a time to make sure he calls it (my 1911 is only producing 300 fps - everyone i play against wears heavy chest rigs)

-Shin

ps: I've since swapped over to the hi capa for my skirmishes

Zmarre- Did you sand the WA? Looks rough in the pic.

Also- PE threaded barrel?

I did sand the frame, the slide is stock. It looks dull and busted, because it's my primary weapon and I have quite a 'rough' playing style. This baby just keeps on going and going and going btw.

The barrel is a PDI. Too bad it's aluminium, it feels like rubbish compared to my steel one, but anyway. I had to shorten the recoil rod by ~3mm btw to get it to cycle perfectly every time with the big silencer attached.

Very nice the Colt.

Here the two pictures to the requests from page 43:

1911 with Pachmayr original grips (original without lion medal)

gallery_35110_1580_111108.jpg

WA Kimber Warrior (with orginal Pachmayrs including lion medal)

gallery_35110_1580_135894.jpg

I'd recommend a Marui 1911 with Kimber Metal Kit (Warrior, Swat Custom II …) or the WA standard ABS version. Very good guns, worth the price. WA full metal: insanely costintensive :P

Edited by SamJacksonFan
Nice Kimber. :)

Have you guys heard about the KJ Works KP-05? Really interesting piece of metal, I couldn't find picture about it here yet.

It really is an interesting piece, I've had mine for about a month now....

october008-1.jpg

october009.jpg

I'm going to be the first one to say that I don't know which thread to put it in yet. Performance is actually pretty surprising, and build quality it terrific. TM, WE, as well as KJ hi-cappa mags work in this. The slide lock doesn't work on 5.1 sized mags, but does on 4.3 sized, which is the size of mags that ship with the gun. Finnish on the slide is going to get fubarred in any kydex holster, does work in a 1911 serpa with a bit of retentioning screw loosening. Front sight fell off, not fastened to slide in any way, aftermarket slide compatibility is unknown.

One of the better products I've seen from KJW in my 4 years of playing, plan on getting out with it a bit more with C02 mags in the winter. Will probably be broken by next September, but we'll see. The TK grip set is amazingly comfy, but would like to see the addition of a lanyard retention hook.

That Kimber is so awesome I saved your picture for reference. My donor is going to be a TM MEU because fine (or any kind of) grips are hard to get shipped to Hungary.

Honestly I'm also thinking on getting a WA GSR. Only thing that prevents me to do so there are no metal parts avalaible for it. Are WAs compatible with TM parts?

I want to have the biggest and meanest 1911 in the field to match my M249 and for me that would be the GSR. It's so ugly that it's just nice. :)

Thanks! Seems to be more of a skirmish weapon than a collector's piece.

Edited by emp3ror86

Well, GSR isn't exactly the most popular and issued handgun. But to mix a Sig with 1911 design and a bid sig-like quarish slide has something to it. Definitely a nice pick.

WA isn't compatible with Marui. Different systems, different parts.

For basic gun with good quality and reliable performance I think Marui is the best choice with quality and price. And if you wish to upgrade someday Marui is the perfect basis. There's almost everything available, to make it a Kimber and maybe a GSR, if some brand comes up with a metal kit. You can upgrade with a WA, too, but costs will be above a Marui conversion anytime.

Thanks! Seems to be more of a skirmish weapon than a collector's piece.

It most definitely is. It's also a 2011 with a 1911 grip-set. So it has double the capacity, which has always been my main thing. Collectibility is second to functionality for me, as I'm a big pistol fan on field.

Although I will say this much, the KP-05 has changed my mind about KJW, and has gotten me to respect their product, after hating on them for so long about earlier pieces. So far my experience with KJW was with the 226 clones, and as they ended with me being hit, those times were bad for me. I've almost always been a TM junkie when it came to gas pistols, having run a 4.3 hi cappa for almost 2 years.

Thinking about getting into the GBBR world with the KJ/TK m-4 because of this pistol.

It's also a 2011 with a 1911 grip-set.

Not exactly but somehow right. It by the way is the original Koba grip that was also available for Marui Hicapas before for quite some bucks. And a kimber style rail which of course makes it look very tactical and 1911 like. I also thought about trying this thing. Because it looks really rat … and if it performs well, what KJ by now should know how to accomplish, seems a good deal for skirms.

I'd love to see some WA Paras again. Seem to be quite rare these days. And are there still some MEU first versions out there with the standard high profile sights?

Nice Springfield.

Would have been nice if you had left the grips clean. Makes it look like an accident now. But overall setting looks good.

Any idea about this weired display lately? With that bloglike comment tree instead of normal page view? And this commend on top not to post in this old thread anymore? Already had that issue with the Glock picture thread. <_<

Got it: Display mode upper right option dropdown. Strange display mode changed. Never touched display settings.

Edited by SamJacksonFan