1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

I'd love to see some WA Paras again. Seem to be quite rare these days. And are there still some MEU first versions out there with the standard high profile sights?

Can obligue on both counts give me a while. In the meantime my WE SOCOM bought at Copehill this year.

MCPistols005.jpg

MCPistols004.jpg

MCPistols008.jpg

wa20.jpg

I like to be different ;)

Now it only needs a new decent silver slide release (this one was bead blasted and looks like utter ######), a silver magwell and an illuminated frontsight. And that it'll be finally done, and I can start a new WA Kimber project.

Two quick estethical questions for my feature build:

- do TM grips require a lot of modding to fit a WA? And a Prime'd or PGC'd? My real steel Hogues fitted my stock WA perfectly, but did require quite some filing to fit my Prime Kimber metal frame. Is this normal? For my second build I might rock the stock frame but after the next payday install a metal kit... Would suck if I had to mod my new grips again.

- I'm a fan of grooved grips, and I sometimes see an M1911 with a custom grip *and* grooves.

For example: this are custom grips:

_DSCN5880a.JPG

And he installed them on this gun:

_DSCN5914a.JPG

Is this doable? With cutting up american legend or pachmayer grips, or in a more 'friendly' manner without destroying expensive grips?

I was already thinking in that direction. Now that I'm home and able to use Google, I found out that Pierce produces such things (and quite inexpensive, around the ten lollar mark)

Linky: http://www.pearcegrip.com/colt-gov.htm (the second gun on that page is accidentally almost EXACTLY what I'm aiming for)