1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Cheers for the comments.

SamJacksonFan they arnt as light in real life I think the flash brightened them up abit in the photo but to be honest I didnt really have to do that much tweeking/polishing to it.

Here's the original photo (i've just resized it to upload to pb)

somegirls: Do you have metal outer barrel installed? Doesn't look like the stock one. If so, which brand? Easy fit or need for a work over?

Yeah that's the guarder stainless outer for (in my case) airsoftglobal. Heavy *badgeress* but looks amazing and was ready to rock rock without any filing or fitting.

Guarder slide and guarder outer obviously work perfect like Shooters on Shooters. I have a Shooters outer and it doesn't fit any stock slide or PGC metal at all. I guess policy of shooters is: to fit a shooters piece, buy shooters piece.

Drake, wow, very good shot. Seems to be excellent camera and a lot of talent in the trigger finger ;)

Edited by SamJacksonFan

I figure this may be the place to ask.

I've just ordered a WA Series 80 SCW3 Magna Tech (This will probably mean more to you lot than to me - serious noob with WA handguns), and I'm not sure whether or not I want a metal kit for it.

I read the Cold weather comparison thread, which listed the magna tech as a good contender for cold weather skirmishing (also ordered a KSC P226 system 7 - which should also be a good winter choice), basically my question is should I bother upgrading, or is the UK climate not worth considering upgrading to full metal based on the average summer temperature (i.e. will my pistol break if I use it for the 3 months of summer (plus 20°C temp) we have in the UK), or should I be fine either using green or 134a (I have a socom Gear MEU - excellent skirmish piece) using it all year round.

The opinions I have heard of WA pistols are mixed - from collectors pistols to seriously high maintenance, to reliable skirmish piece - I ordered it partly since I was inebriated and partly because I fancied a WA piece, and partly because I wanted a winter sidearm. Odd I know, but nevermind. Was it a good choice?

quick edit: of course I will post lots of pics when I get it, as well as of my Socom Gear MEU (seriously - an excellent skirmish piece - if not a collectors item).

Edited by kruck
How the? where?

The new pistol from WE / WETTI. It has a new system ("Megaflow"), which seems to work differently in some way. The gun sounds muffled, like when using a silencer, but it shoots more consistent. And the overall finish is excellent.

Edited by elchinator
The new pistol from WE / WETTI. It has a new system ("Megaflow"), which seems to work differently in some way. The gun sounds muffled, like when using a silencer, but it shoots more consistent. And the overall finish is excellent.

Now if they just make something else, cause that thing is just.....idk I just dont like it. Like remake the novak in it or something. Actually no id rather have an older one so i can replace the internals lol.

Sorta doubt that, unless someone actually takes it apart, I am pretty sure it probably is still the same WE1911...

It's not. I have both the WE MEU and the KnightHawk and they work differently. I have yet to find out where the difference is (they look very much the same), but when you hear the shot, you know, something is VERY different here...

I'd like to see some rapid fire chrono readings. If that "new system" cranks down after 5 quick shots the way the meu does, well, what's the point.

Just personal preference but this thing makes me wanna get my 3 would and send it down the fairway.

Would be nice to see something nice like a Kimber, a Springfield or a proper Novak.

Nice Nighthawk Custom KAC 1911 Knighthawk. Finally I managed to fish me some original G10 gunner grips, being so glamourosly famous in the tan version on the Kimber ICQB of the USMC special forces. Nothing fancy, just a snapshot go give a quick idea:

gallery_35110_1580_63582.jpg

Marui Hicapa 4.3 Les Bear Custom (just sharing the case ;) ) and Marui 1911 TRP with Gunners.