1911 Picture Thread

91908645.jpg

Hell's Bells. EG723 (front) and EG720 with EG724 kit (back) with swapped barrels (I put the black one from 724 kit on my more often used 723 as it looks better, well, apart from the "BARSTO .45" markings). Hogue grips on 724 are real-deal, a hand-me-down from my dad.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

These wood grips say 'Kmeu' on them as they are just knock off Kimber wood grips. I'm going to leave them on until I can replace them with a more rich reddish brown grip panel. It contrasts nicely with the dazzling finish and black controls.

Still just a stock SOCOM GEAR 1911 Desert MEU. I've been wanting to get some new grips for it but I really can't decide what. I've been looking for some replica Gunner grips stateside with no luck.

Picture019.jpg

Any recommendations on grips that don't cost half the price of the pistol itself would be great. Thanks!

Search and you shall find. First two are "Gunner Grips," second two are the elongated oval type found on Kimber Warriors.

-Piano

Thanks for the links Piano, but like I said, I'm looking for those grips in the US. It doesn't look like that's going to happen though, but I can't persuade myself to order $12 grips from Hong Kong and pay double, maybe triple the shipping to get here. :mellow:. Maybe I can scrounge up some team mates to order with me though.

The Knighthawk performs suprisingly nice for a WE, I have to say. And I'm normally a WA- and Marui kind of guy, looking for details. I'm not convinced about details, here it is just a WE, but the finish is outstanding. Not that kind of paint that falls off just from looking at it. Hard anodized finish, really solid. But that's the benefit of WETTI, they are to WE what SCW is for WA in principle. Finish and rear sight are very good, rest isn't that outstanding, but performance is good due to this optimized high flow system and an out of box precission inner barrel. Very good bang for the buck. But I'll stick to customized Maruis and nice WAs, if I have a chance to get my hands on some models.

But for gamers I guess a real serious option, if one likes the look of this golf ball thing. Fits the PDW GBB well that will come out soon. Kind a like the FN P90 with the Fiveseven. :D

Haven't tested it myself yet. But a friend of mine said, Maruis wouldn't fit. I'll give feedback when I've tested with 1911A1 mags and the mags from the Marui MEU.

And yes, this is an unsusual WE. Hope, WETTI will do some more here. I think they already launched a copy of the Marui 4.3 Desert Warrior. It has this new high flow gas system but I can't say if the finish is robust WETTI style or standard WE and easy to scratch.