1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Though the 2011 thread may fit that pistol better, it looks pretty interesting. How well does the shell ejecting feature perform for you?

-Piano

Unfortunately I've only been able to put a few rounds through it. I'm waiting for an AI duster adapter to arrive in the mail, but in the meantime I tried making up my own adapter - didn't really work but it did get enough gas to fire half a mag. It's got decent kick (at least on par with my old TM M9) and the shell ejection works flawlessly, and they actually fly about as far as a real steel version would eject them. From what I've read it shoots 200-220fps out of the box with 134a (green gas is not recommended), but RA Tech does make their own shells which lack the small port of the Marushin shells which kicks it up to a respectable 260-280fps

Also, it's built very well and looks nice - only major cons I can see is that the Kimber script on the left side of the slide is very poorly ingraved (deep on the outer edges and shallow on the inside) and the decocking lever (which only acts as a secondary safety) has a flimsy action, but otherwise it's very nice. Perhaps not $200 + shipping nice though...

Of course you can't really use this in a skirmish - each shell runs about $4 each. :o However, as a collector's piece and indoor plinking gun, it's perfect.

Edited by molleh

Nice 1911s everyone.

I just got a silver WE 1911 M.E.U. and it needs a new hammer.

Anyone here have a spare hammer that they can sell to me? Nothing fancy, just one of those hammers with a hole, I think they're springfield hammers.

Also, WE and TM 1911s have the same hammer design, correct?

I'll post my M.E.U. later. :D

Thanks,

-Luis

and the decocking lever (which only acts as a secondary safety) has a flimsy action, but otherwise it's very nice. Perhaps not $200 + shipping nice though...

The decocking lever? It doesn't have one it's a single action 1911 ( not a 2011 as it does't habe a modular frame/grip construction, simply a wide bodied poymer framed 1911). I presume you mean the safety lever on the right hand side which locks the hammer as is infact the primary safety. The secondry is the grip safety on the backstrap which prevents firing without a proper grip.

You can decock original 1911 hammers only manually by holding the hammer back with finger while pulling trigger and guiging the hammer back in uncocked position. Not possible with airsofts (only with modification as Redwolf showed once in a report).

I have a question to all this craftsman experts around here. Want to file down the back of the 1911A1 frame to fit a standard beavertail.

1) Anyone experiences if I could use a real steel Wilson Drop in beavertail for A1 frames?

2) or anyone a tipp with which tools and techniques I can get a good filing result?

Thanks. My OD blackish Springfield TRP has beavertail by now. Will post pictures when I have some.

You can decock original 1911 hammers only manually by holding the hammer back with finger while pulling trigger and guiging the hammer back in uncocked position. Not possible with airsofts (only with modification as Redwolf showed once in a report).

Wrong, you can if you have a Western Arms 1911.

As for your question about the grip safeties it certainly is possible on WA, don't know about others.

What? WA supports decocking? I have to try that directly on my Warrior. That's cool. The pitty thing is, WA doesn't support tactical reloads (when slide is locked back, mag is changed and you just pull back the slide a bit to unlock the slide catch and have the gun ready to fire again. With Maruis and KSC Glocks I know this works. With my SCW-WAs it doesn't.

Can anyone report on real steel drop in Beavertails for Marui? My project is Marui based.

Thanks for the hint, BigAl :D

You can one hand uncock the 1911A1 and MEU from Marui, simply rest the thumb on the face of the hammer and press back til it holds down the grip safety, pull trigger and let in gently go forward to the half cock position.

As far as the safties and actions go it is TM that has all as far as i know.

You can do it on WE's too i believe.

'FireKnife'

Half cock (savety position) works with Marui. I know that. But full decocking didn't workt with the 1911 GBBs I tested (Marui, no WA). But I do prefer tactical reload option over possible hammer decocking anyday. A bitty my two SCW WA 1911s don't support that. I heard this wasn't possible because of built in gas system WA uses. I don't know if Magnas and SCWs are different here.

Thanks for the info. I started the beavertail thread now on the just pistol section. Better than to spam the picture thread with my question. :) I think I saw the file down version once or twice. Possibly one was Romolus' work. I'll have a search for the 1911 pic. Thanks for the hint.

Edited by SamJacksonFan
Half cock (savety position) works with Marui. I know that. But full decocking didn't workt with the 1911 GBBs I tested (Marui, no WA). But I do prefer tactical reload option over possible hammer decocking anyday. A bitty my two SCW WA 1911s don't support that. I heard this wasn't possible because of built in gas system WA uses. I don't know if Magnas and SCWs are different here.

What do you mean? Why wouldn't you be able to do a tac reload with a WA 1911?

ThaFlash, not to missunderstand each other, I mean this kind of slide unlock (after this guy empties the clip quickly):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqBW4S630YY...feature=related

The normal twohanded unlock, where the thumb of the supporting hand unlocks the slide catch, is possible of course (for right handed shooters ;) ).

Anyone got one of those fancy new WA releases? Texas Rangers 1911? Tiki? The Recon Talon with sand frame?

The mismatched suppressor size and caliber markings are a bit irritating. The performance and the photo-op meter somewhat compensates for this pistol's misgivings, though. 'still looking for the correct suppressor.

Nothing new here, just a bit different presentation.

759853078_v4Cit-L.jpg

759852895_D3BHv-L.jpg

759852722_iaty2-L.jpg

759852495_RwrqB-L.jpg

Edited by sgtHanzo