1911 Picture Thread

No metal kits at all, only one metal slide:

• TRP is Marui based custom piece, ABS/fibre glas

• Springfield Custom 1911 is based on Marui 1911A1 with PGC Springfield metal slide and Hicapa internals (added together with Koba spacer)

• WA Kimber Warrior is stock, only real G10 Warrior grips

• WA Kimber Marsco is stock, Proud replica grips (have original Gunners, but they are black)

• Marui MEU stock, with original Pachmayrs

• WA Wilson Combat SDS, all stock

Have no experience with metal WAs yet, but they kick is pretty strong and crisp in the ABS version already (quite more than stock Maruis). Well done I guess the full metal version will have very impressive kick, but it will cost quite some bucks.

The Maruis as ABS versions are crisp, fast and sharp, fun to shoot, too. The metal slided Springfield Custom brings more pound to it, but is slightly slower in comparison. If I'd tuned it up properly it probably would kick quite hard. There's potential, if you invest the money. To me good ABS versions are enough.

I'll convert the Marui MEU in a Kimber SIS though with Hurricane kit, if I get my hands on it. But this will take some time. I'll report, if there's interest.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Oh and this is my other project ive just fine tuned and completed...

gallery_42289_1595_921.jpg

a>

Ed Brown Special Forces.

Im also going to be attempting the Ed Brown 'Sheriff Jim Wilson' special addition in the not to distant future...

post-42289-1263845764_thumb.jpg

when funds allow purchase of another TM MEU to convert :rolleyes:

Nine Ball slide mated to a TM1911A1, which was a pain to fit as the guide rod holes where out of alignment :rolleyes:

Edited by Misfit

Do I have an eye for 1911 airsoft parts or what? ;)

Very nice Ed Brown. Not many appreciate or know about those models. Do you have some more details on this piece for us? Front sight looks kinda special. So do the checkerings on front an back of the grip. Custom engraved? Like the Special Forces marking? Nice unique piece :D

Any detail on the Jim Wilson Model? Basis? Planed parts?

Edited by SamJacksonFan

Well done on spotting that my friend ha ha ha! Yes Nineball its a pity they don't do more styles of plastic slide as they are so easy to convert.

OK the 'Golf balling' to the grips on the Ed Brown i did myself using, yes you guessed it, a 'Dremel' fitted with a fine tip sanding tool.

Lot of work and a steady hand but looks OK, not quite the 'chain link' type Ed Brown has but near enough. Front sight is a standard TM MEU Novak type.

With regards the 'Jim Wilson' special 1911 the parts required are:

TM MEU (donor gun)

LCT Series 70 MSH (buy this from WGC)

TM 5.1 slide lock

TM 1911A1 chequered mag release

Tanio Koba Ambi-safety (customized to a single type)

TM 5.1 grip safety

TM 1911A1 sear pin

I can source most of the parts from my spares bin but the MSH and donor gun i will have to buy when money allows...groan!

The full story on the Ed Brown SF is thus:

All TM parts..

1911A1 (donor gun)

5.1 slide lock, MSH and grip safety.

Guarder trigger.

Hogue 'Rosewood' grips.

Tanio Koba hammer and Ambi-safety (customized to a single type).

MEU slide.

MEU magazine (customized mag bumper).

Barrel has been painted silver and slide has had forward cocking serrations filled and sanded.

'Special Forces' engraving done at local engravers.

gallery_42289_1595_13483.jpg

Edited by Misfit

thanks SamJacksonFan, yeah i agree, my WA kicks pretty strong, the only probelm about the metal kit is the price, i plan to get mine around chinese new year when the red packets start to come in.

BTW... damn nice gun MrManiac

cheers!

No metal kits at all, only one metal slide:

• TRP is Marui based custom piece, ABS/fibre glas

• Springfield Custom 1911 is based on Marui 1911A1 with PGC Springfield metal slide and Hicapa internals (added together with Koba spacer)

• WA Kimber Warrior is stock, only real G10 Warrior grips

• WA Kimber Marsco is stock, Proud replica grips (have original Gunners, but they are black)

• Marui MEU stock, with original Pachmayrs

• WA Wilson Combat SDS, all stock

Have no experience with metal WAs yet, but they kick is pretty strong and crisp in the ABS version already (quite more than stock Maruis). Well done I guess the full metal version will have very impressive kick, but it will cost quite some bucks.

The Maruis as ABS versions are crisp, fast and sharp, fun to shoot, too. The metal slided Springfield Custom brings more pound to it, but is slightly slower in comparison. If I'd tuned it up properly it probably would kick quite hard. There's potential, if you invest the money. To me good ABS versions are enough.

I'll convert the Marui MEU in a Kimber SIS though with Hurricane kit, if I get my hands on it. But this will take some time. I'll report, if there's interest.

Sam Jackson, that is a serious collection 1911's you have there; do you actually use them in game play or are they for show?

No game, some private target shooting and finger practice for fun and collection … 1911s, lots of 1911s :D

Given the extensively restrictive weapon regulations and the almost impossible task to find a Western Arms or custom parts in German stores it is quite suprising I have three WAs by now. If I lived in another country I probably would have a room full of Western Arms 1911 models by now. At least I had the offer for a Bob Chow custom 1911, but it isn't my type of model. But beautifully crafted. Maybe there's more to come.

Anyone has one of these WA Novak NeXt models? They look very nice on the shop pictures.

Edited by SamJacksonFan

Just finished my Master Blaster: Samurai Edge 1911 + maxed out critical hit

100_2067.jpg

100_2065.jpg

The glass is hard to get used to even at a low 2x magnification. But I find my isosceles stance improving the past couple of days that I can acquire a target from draw in almost half a second. Now to lift some weights :P

Edited by renegadecow