1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

That looks utterly useless but incredibly sexy at the same time. Too bad the paint looks chipped badly. Is it a WE/KJW or something? Or just bad lightning?

It's just really badly chipped; an excuse for an RE post zombie apocalypse look. It started as a CA 1911 and eventually got to this beat down state. I was contemplating on refinishing it before installing the optics but I figured I'd let the optics catch up instead. Partly inspired by bulls eye and bowling pin guns, but mostly by .460 Rowland hunters.

Here's my 1911 M.E.U.

Nothing special, just how it came from the factory.

nice gun Luis21. looks good with that m3 what brand is your meu 1911? i like the trades. my stock WA MEU 1911 early model doesnt have the springfield armoury trades, what a shame <_<

Don't think probably … it is. :D It's a special metal kit making a WA 1911 into a Kimber Raptor. By Prime if I remember right. Very nice, but a bit special. Beautiful collectors piece. The WETTI looks this way … but quite similarities at first sight:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/uplo..._1580_11639.jpg

That gun is having an identity crisis! It thinks its a golf ball :P. Rather intersting look, i like it :).

Wow ammazing pistols guys here is my simple WE 1911. The idea is to make it look more Russian thus wood grips and used up look.(we purchased about 2000 in 1912 so thats the only US pistol I like if only there was a good TT33 GBB) anyway. here it is

IMGP1432-1.jpg

IMGP1435-1.jpg

Suppose to go along my VSS (pictures of in VSS in stage 2.5 for more info look in my sig)

IMGP1440.jpg

IMGP1437-1.jpg

IMGP1439.jpg

That looks utterly useless but incredibly sexy at the same time.

The scope stays! :D

I was able to skirmish my scoped 1911 for the first time just today after upgrading it a week before with a 139mm long 6.04mm tightbore which does 1 1/2" at 20m on paper, 288fps on .25g bbs (320 on .20). During the game, I was consistently getting head shots as far out as 30m not because I was specifically aiming at their heads, but because that's the first thing which pops out from cover when they look around. With only the sound of a single shot, they don't reflexively flinch or duck unlike when hearing a short burst from an AEG. With the gun supported (or prone) it does roughly 3" at 30m, whereas my other sniping handgun (Tanaka S&W .500) only does 12" groups at the same distance despite being a whole lot more powerful. The main reason for which was the sights. The iron sights are about the size of a torso at that distance so my eyes can only focus so much. With the scope on, not only is the target unimpeded by the sight picture, it's also brighter and bigger by as much power the scope has.

As a combat handgun it fails miserably, but that's not what it's meant for. As a hunter magnum, it outdoes anything I've ever used in the same sized package.

Well, I'm now officially an owner of a WA Full Metal Kimber Desert Warrior! Got if off a buddy of mine, cost me an arm and a leg almost, came with 2 mags, and is beautiful! Pics soon to follow. Only flaw is one scew is missing for the grips, and so I'm wondering if anyone has an extra they can spare? Also, where can I get those WA mags, I think they're Novak Mags or something like that that look almost like an extended hicap mag since they stick out bout a good inch when inserted. I hope that what I'm describing makes sense.

Also where can I get a holster for a lefty for it with a light attatchment and what light would be best?

Wilson style mags. Though the real steel version of the Desert Warrior seems to have slightly different bumper design. There are WA mags for Kimber Gold Match that seem to have the authentic shape of the real steel Kimber mag.

Real steel pic that shows bumper design:

350px-KimberDesertWarrior.jpg

Edited by SamJacksonFan

Oh ok, my bad. You mean those?

n59481028510_881.jpg

There happens to be a older Wilson Combat Model by WA which also had that extended magazine. Don't know which WA mag type it was and I've rarely seen it as spare magazines on shops. But I've seen a lot of these in real life action pics (SWAT and law enforcement units, military issue).

Found it: WA Wilson Combat Super Grade

wa-wilson-suoergrade-scw3_big.jpg

And the mag that goes with it:

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=8513

Edited by SamJacksonFan
I just received the WE Desert Warrior 4.3 clone. Any interest in a small review?

Not here.... :P This is a picture thread

Put a review in the review section, add a picture to this thread to promote said review, and don't go on a fishing expedition here to see if anyone cares.... :rolleyes:

We all care for and love your reviews, so get with it Mister!

oh...and here's a picture so I'm not a hypocrite.... ;)

Army-MEUs3_med.png

Not here.... :P This is a picture thread

Put a review in the review section, add a picture to this thread to promote said review, and don't go on a fishing expedition here to see if anyone cares.... :rolleyes:

Dude. I know where reviews go :rolleyes:

And this isnt a fishing expedition, I was just wondering if there's an interest or not, because I dont wanna write a review (not much to say as the gun uses the traditional WE internals) that no one will read.

I'd like to see a small review Chas

See? told ya ;)

chas, this entire site is nothing more than toy gun pr0n for all of us- it matters not that what you write and share has been done before, is only a small change or whatever- we will drool over it as we do every thing else here brother....

if only there was a way to get Arnies into the bathroom...... :P

Edited by Guinness