1911 Picture Thread

See? told ya ;)

chas, this entire site is nothing more than toy gun pr0n for all of us- it matters not that what you write and share has been done before, is only a small change or whatever- we will drool over it as we do every thing else here brother....

if only there was a way to get Arnies into the bathroom...... :P

*GASP!* :waggle:

Don't you read the Engrish manuals!? They clearly say- Airsoft gun not toy. :o

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

OH MY GOD!!!!!! That is just gorgeous 'SamJacksonFan', Hurricane kit fitted to TM MEU i suppose?

Are the mag release button and forsight the original MEU ones? Only the mag button looks chequered and the sight seems squarer to me.

Also noticed the slide lock lever is a 'Kimber' style one so is this 'Nova' ?

Edited by MrManiac
OH MY GOD!!!!!! That is just gorgeous 'SamJacksonFan', Hurricane kit fitted to TM MEU i suppose?

Are the mag release button and forsight the original MEU ones? Only the mag button looks chequered and the sight seems squarer to me.

Also noticed the slide lock lever is a 'Kimber' style one so is this 'Nova' ?

Looks like WA...the mag is not TM...

If you adress my photos with the previous post: it is a TM MEU with a Hurricane kit and three WA mags ;) You see sometimes both sides can be right. Didn't have enough TM mags to do the arrangement so I took my WA Wilson mags for support.

Concerning the sight I also thought WA did replicas of the wrong sights as all pictures of the SIS family found on google have the blocky Hurricane ones (which are glow sights by the way, pretty cool). But the thing that made me wonder was this picturev of a former SIS team member shooting a real steel Kimber SIS obviously, and it has the WA style sights:

kimber1.jpg

And I read some articles being critical about Kimber releasing a a tactical law enforcement gun to civilian market. As WA is known to be extensivly accurate with their replicas my guess on this sight matter is, that WA copied the law enforcement exclusive version as seen on the picture while Hurricane supposedly copied the civilian block sight version that's all over the net. Just a theory to explain the diversities.

If anyone has more valid information on this matter, I'd be interested. SIS still is a very low profile undercover unit compared to SWAT. Though there has been a film released in 2008. I only found a PDF document reporting on the unit which also contains the picture shown above.

Very sneeky there 'SamJacksonFan' using the WA mags with a TM pistol :lol: :lol:

I believe i may have the answer to the rear sight debate. The original rear sight that was fitted prior to full production was the WA type but was changed to the one in the Hurricane kit due to SIS Officer's requesting a sight that could be used to rack the slide one handed should the Officer be incapacitated as the original did not allow for this.

Yes' RacingManiac' i thought it humorous that a "low profile" and "undercover" team of cops should advertise their work by having a 1911 made specially for them??!!!

Nice pistol though B)

Still find it funny they have a "SIS" gun for a undercover unit....lol

Clever photo lol, did fool me...

Well if you think about it, no one on the streets in LA are gonna look at the slide of the gun and be like, "Oh hey its SIS, we goota bounce!". From all the SIS guys I've talked to, they love the gun, and having shot it, its a sweet gun to shoot!

SIS and SWAT come from the same LAPD branch working closely together. I read the decission for a special issued Kimber SIS arose from the very good experiences LAPD SWAT made with the Kimber TLE Custom II. Or there was a brilliant lobby man operating behind the scene … who knows.

Thanks for the insight MrManiac. I really was wandering why the SIS operators should have decided against the blocky sight which is tacicalwise perfecly suitable for wracking slide on clothes, pocket or belt. I even wonder why SWAT decided for this "aerodynamic" Kimber sight. Must be an issue there, too. Though they more often operate it as a backup compared to undercover cops. Anyway … nice pistols, nice GBB replicas.