1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

That looks great Maniac. What did you use to fill in the markings, and to refinish?

Thanks for the compliment :)

To fill in the original markings I used Squadron MMD white putty filler, it seems to chemically bond with the ABS plastic of the slide, much better than Milliput which, when under stress with the firing action of the slide, cracks and chips. I then sanded down with 120-320 grades of sandpaper, finishing off with a two coat spray of Halfords matt black paint.

Thanks for the compliment :)

To fill in the original markings I used Squadron MMD white putty filler, it seems to chemically bond with the ABS plastic of the slide, much better than Milliput which, when under stress with the firing action of the slide, cracks and chips. I then sanded down with 120-320 grades of sandpaper, finishing off with a two coat spray of Halfords matt black paint.

Do you think the putty will work for metal slides as well?

Do you think the putty will work for metal slides as well?

I doubt it, as its a plastic chemical bond type.

The 'Milliput' filler i mentioned may work better for metal slides, as they flex less and therefore the Milliput wont crack so easily.

I would coat the slide areas you are going to fill with white water based wood glue first (for filling logo markings etc), let it dry then fill with the Milliput. The wood glue should give a better anchor/bond to the filler.

Or if your just filling cocking serrations, rough it up with a sandpaper like 120 grade to act as a key for the filler.

Here's another shot of the Thunder ranch.....I did think about getting the slide engraved with the logo's etc but i like it clean now.

DSCF4328.jpg

Can anyone show me a picture of a TM 1911 with a Guarder flat steel mainspring housing on it? I'd like to see specifically how well it fits into the frame.

Actually, if anyone also knows, I'm looking for the best flat MSH out there for a TM 1911. It needs to fit like a RS MSH; none of this Western Arms nonsense where the housing sticks out of the frame a bit. I'm looking for one that sits flush with the frame.

If you're looking for the best, Nova makes one too.

OK after the 'Thunder Ranch' the next project on my list was....yes you've guessed it, another 'Les Baer'........

The 'BOSS'

LBLHBreechopenBW.jpg

LBRHBW.jpg

TM MEU frame custom engraved.

TM 5.1 slide, markings filled and custom re-engraved.

TM MEU 'kings' ambi-safety modified to a single.

TM 1911a1 slide lock (sprayed silver).

TM 4.3 hammer polished.

TM MEU barrel (chamber sprayed silver and engraved), bushing (polished) and plug.

TM MEU beavertail grip safety (sprayed silver).

TM MEU trigger.

Freedom Art fibre optic fore sight.

LCT mag serrated catch.

LCT flat chequered MSH.

Home made 'Mahogany' wood grips.

Internals are from my old faithful standard TM1911a1 'Eleanor', she needed a make over :P

Still to install:

Nineball hop rubber.

Guarder silver MEU beavertail grip safety.

LBLHbreechopenfront.jpg

LBRH.jpg

Edited by MrManiac

TM Night Warrior, I loved my Desert Warrior so much I couldn't resist.

Nice pics :P

Does the barrel have the standard MEU markings on (NW1752 or something like that) or something new?

Also what's the quality of the chrome work on it like?

By the way, as a side note, the appaulingly designed RIS rail is based loosely on a real steel version by RRA.

thanks, The barrel has MEU Markings. The chrome is well done on the barrel, but a roughly machined chrome metal bushing seems to scratch it everytime I fire=( The Hammer chrome seems to be done well but there are casting marks/lines showing through the chrome. For 13200Yen It was a good deal. These Marui's can't be beat as far as stock performance.

thanks, The barrel has MEU Markings. The chrome is well done on the barrel, but a roughly machined chrome metal bushing seems to scratch it everytime I fire=( The Hammer chrome seems to be done well but there are casting marks/lines showing through the chrome. For 13200Yen It was a good deal. These Marui's can't be beat as far as stock performance.

Golgo,

Thanks for the pics, any chance of some shots of the gun without the RIS adapter?

Cheers!

this is my 1911:

-WA KIMBER TLE 2 tone (full black all sold out)

-aftermarket mulberry field wood grips

-G&G m3 illuminator

-stock internals

excuse the crappy iphone pics, the marpats all i had for a suitable background

-brendan

post-62067-12769587761397_thumb.jpg

Edited by TeowneD

Something for the small wallet!

KSC19111290ae88JPG.jpg

KSC Colt M1911A1 Fullmetal System 7! Best 1911 you can get for less money.

Hardkick! Very Accurate! All Markings!

This completes my Desert Storm Gear!

Regards

orb

Edited by oRb