1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Phone camera unfortunately, but just picked up a WE Desert Warrior thing;

Image048.jpg

Image043.jpg

First WE 1911 i've had in over a year - It seems they've re-designed the outer barrel a little to stop the slide jamming on the outer barrel after a bit of wear. Not sure if that's my bad memory or not, but it definitely looks different. On another note, for £85, there's no way this thing should shoot so damn good. I'm hitting the same tree with every round on .3's and GG at about 40 metres... Ridiculous.

*edit* Nope, bad memory, the outer barrel/breech assembly is the same. Who cares, for £85 i'll buy another one when it eventually breaks!

Edited by hwagan

Hwagan- still a gas hog?

Seems to be; A full mag of gas gets around 30 rounds out, and it's about 26 degrees celcius here at the moment. I can't see it being much use in the winter to be entirely honest, but it's doing very well in the current climate. Kicks like a beast, shoots fantastic and looks really quite nice. In this weather, it's easily capable of dumping a whole 15 round mag very rapidly. Definitely worth it for the money i'd say, just don't use it on a cold day :P

SocomGear/WE's are fine in the summer - In the current british weather, i'm getting 35 or so full powered shots from a single stack 1911 mag. However, in the winter, that drops to about 3 before the thing just stops playing ball. It shoots on par with a TM 1911, but the obvious issue is the cooldown in colder temperatures.

Anything System 7/NS2 is a much better choice for all year use - My SigPro 2022, even with a metal slide, gets a full magazine out in the depths of winter.

I have two Fullmetal KSC 1911A1 GBBs and I don't miss any steel barrel at all. I had Fullmetal WA's before and now with the KSC I don't miss a single thing of the WAs... They even made for skirmish what WA isn't.

RacingManiac! Better buy a fullmetal KSC 1911 S7 for 150 bucks... from the price it doesn't make much sense to just buy metal slide.

Regards

orb

Edited by oRb

Maybe its just the Metal Gear fan in me, but a threaded barrel, some Bomar sights, and wood grips would look damn sexy on one of those.

I agree completely, I have asked the threaded barrel question on KWAUSA forums and they have no plans of producing a threaded barrel for the 1911s. Until one comes around, I'll hold off and keep my WE-tech Custom Operator.

also the hicapa slide and conical barrel are all wrong too!

The NEW KWA's are, however, really nice.

post-6604-12778233765383_thumb.jpg

Edited by vengecore