1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Very nice, that was the setup i was going for. But went with the Desert warrior instead, doesn't stop me from building another Kimber Warrior tho! :D

May i know the parts list and base gun? I'm currently looking for a guide rod for my Desert Warrior.

And are those RS grip screws?

Thanks man.

Its an Army Kimber warrior. I just polished the trigger, hammer and mag. The hex screws are stock (I actually asked Army to use these instead of flat head ones, lokk so much better). I also used Tamiya flat sand spray to paint the grips.

Budget GBB Build:

DSC_0288-1.jpg

DSC_0289-1.jpg

Army MEU (silver): $60 shipped @ Ebaybanned, sale price

Guarder Steel Slide Lock: $20 shipped

Firefly Soft hop up rubber: free (came as a spare for my VSR-10)

Pachmayr American Legend Grips: $26 @ Cheaper than Dirt

DIY mods: Sanded down and polished the slide to get rid of the grainy stock finish

Teflon taped the hop up bucking

Polished the inner barrel

Fires at around 310 fps

Budget GBB Build:

Army MEU (silver): $60 shipped @ Ebaybanned, sale price

Guarder Steel Slide Lock: $20 shipped

Firefly Soft hop up rubber: free (came as a spare for my VSR-10)

Pachmayr American Legend Grips: $26 @ Cheaper than Dirt

DIY mods: Sanded down and polished the slide to get rid of the grainy stock finish

Teflon taped the hop up bucking

Polished the inner barrel

Fires at around 310 fps

Really nice 1911 Wutang, good job :).

Are the wood grips actually that red-coloured in real life or is that just the photo?

Nice.

Is there anyway can one plug up those holes on the side of the frame "nicely"?

I really wish the night warrior came with standard frame instead stupid looking rail mount on them.

Unfortunately, not that I know of. I'm thinking of possibly re-attaching the rail then getting an M3/M6x and one of these:

http://www.opticsplanet.net/safariland-6004-sls-tactical-holster-od-green-right-hand-6004-5621-561.html

Hopefully it should fit, though I'm not sure if the TM rail is perhaps larger than the integrated rail you find on various RS 1911 frames.

Just got an ARMY MEU in the mail today: totally compatible, as they are the same exact design, except for the recoil spring assembly. Wich means its also compatible with Marui 1911/MEU parts.

The MEU mag works in the Kimber and doesnt wobble, but the finish is not as nice. You better sand it.

Kimeu.jpg

Kimeu2.jpg

dscf0078m.jpg

My new Army MEU, already in the process of customizing (I swapped the mainspring housing with one of my Bell 1911s - but I still need a spare one!). It still needs new trigger and 1911 magazine (in transit), guide rod and barrel bushing (on shopping list), mainspring housing (postponed until I get enough money) and grips (help me decide the final look, I made a thread for it).

I am more fan of these 2....as far as new 1911 goes that is...

t3-comp1.jpg

aa6.jpg

I might consider having ProG4 or someone make the T3 Comp set myself, though I won't have an officer frame for TM...

Other custom 1911s? God there are so many I can't even begin to pick...