1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Another Prime V12 Face Off, this one is in brass.

WA scw2 Meu based

v12brass.jpg

- Prime V12 slide in brass

- Prime V12 frame in brass

- Prime outer barrel steel

- Prime V12 aluminium trigger

- Prime steel SFA trigger and parts

- Prime brass inlay dragon grips

- Prime brass plunger & pins

- Prog4 trigger bar

- long recoil rod in steel

- Prime MSH with magwell

- upgraded hammer & recoil springs

- still to come brass mag release, Wilson type steel safeties and steel beavertail!

its pretty simple, i used games workshop paint whic i watered down slightly to get it to run better, but not too thin that the pain does not cover properly, i paint in the areas i want, if there is a paint where i dont want it i wait for it to dry and use a coarse rubber or a blunt instrument such as the dull end of a butter knife or your finger nail ans scratch/rub it off, the grips i used a light sandpaper as there wasn't any paint on the grips already where as the slide and frame are painted. its pretty easy

not to mention i did used to collect Warhammer 40k so i have a bit of free hand painting experience.

Edited by Fellowz

The real one was used by John Dillinger, in case anyone was wondering. (Was a .38 Super caliber 1911 though)

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Public_Enemies#Dillinger.27s_Colt_.38_Super_.22Machine_Pistol.22

Looks amazing. You going to make it full auto?

Edited by Mr Foxhound

The real one was used by John Dillinger, in case anyone was wondering. (Was a .38 Super caliber 1911 though)

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Public_Enemies#Dillinger.27s_Colt_.38_Super_.22Machine_Pistol.22

Looks amazing. You going to make it full auto?

There where several made by a famous gangland gunsmith, i cant remember the name, and there is at least one example of one of these weapons built in .45ACP. The section of the report i read shows it was a silly weapon to use as the .45 gives some heavy kick. There where at least 3 made in .38 super, much more managable and each saw much more use than the .45.

John dilinger is reported to carry one in .38s, and the others where found in raids on his gang.

And yes, it already is full auto. I'll make a video when i can nab my dads camera.

{edit}further information.

The gunsmith in question is one Himan S Lebman, who made several fully automatic .45 1911s, and many more in .38. Exact numbers are unknown as he was a criminal and didn't like to keep records :P.

He did not work directly for the dilinger gang, and supplied modified weapons to several contemporary, and indeed rival, gangs.

Some of the barrels where made by welding pipe to the front of the barrel, and others used "target" lenght barrels (8" i am told). Most of the compensators where made by simply sawing into the top of the barrel. One .45 weapon was made using a cutts compensator as seen fitted to later model thompsons.

He made several long magazines from scratch, increasing the capacity of the .38s from 9 rounds to around 22. For the most part they would be one mag per gun, given that most gunfights lasted all of 30 seconds, reloading wasn't high on the list of prioritys.

'Baby face' Nelson aparently owned two of them, both in .38, and Dilinger himself had one.

Edited by ED-SKaR