1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Hi guys,

I will soon be in the Market for a Kimber Warrior style pistol, and was wondering if you could answer a few questions

-I've heard good and bad things about the ARMY Kimber warrior, including slight rattle on the slide. Can this be sorted with a stronger recoil spring?

-Would I be better off buying a TM MEU, and an ARMY Kimber, and then swapping all the parts across into the ARMY frame?

- I've also seen the WE/ SOCOM GEAR Wilson Combat, how are these? I've read a review on Militaryphotos, but it wasnt all that great (Seemed like a strange place to find a review)

Im quite the noob when it comes to gas pistols, so I've been trying to read up as much as I can before I make the jump

Thanks guys

Army Kimber already features a stronger recoil spring, rattle isnt that bad though.

Kimber + meu... well, depends on your budget, buy the kimber first, and if you like how it performs, I dont think you will need a meu for parts, but if you want to improve the kimber after testing it, getting TM parts would be a good idea. Me myself am waiting for KJW to ship some spares so I can put them in the kimber slide to fit it in a KJW 1911 CO2, love both pistols so much I want them to make something unique and personal :)

TM 1911A1

Guarder Springfield MBK

Springfield grips off my real steel Loaded Springfield

Upgraded recoil and hammer springs

100_0898.jpg

I am attempting to replicate the GI .45 bare bones model. Aside from the grips I think its a match. I need to locate a extended slide release however, which is proving a bit...difficult.

Edited by judgeman
  • Like 1

Army Kimber already features a stronger recoil spring, rattle isnt that bad though.

Kimber + meu... well, depends on your budget, buy the kimber first, and if you like how it performs, I dont think you will need a meu for parts, but if you want to improve the kimber after testing it, getting TM parts would be a good idea. Me myself am waiting for KJW to ship some spares so I can put them in the kimber slide to fit it in a KJW 1911 CO2, love both pistols so much I want them to make something unique and personal :)

I know it's not exactly a Kimber, but where do the KWA Mark 2 models fit in? I'm just looking for a reliable railed desert 1911; it doesn't have to be a perfect replica of anything.

Ed hardy makes this thread great :)

ohmy.gif

Thanks guys!

MODDAN: I got lucky and managed to buy three 610R's in total all with Safariland holsters. I kept one and sold the other two earlier this year. I found mine on gunbroker.com, lightfighter forum and specwargear.com sale board. They do pop up time to time on ebay but they usually go +$500USD