1911 Picture Thread

I aggree, I have always liked the bare thread on the muzzle of a pistol.... don't know why...

However, I do need a thread adaptor. If you notice in the video of my machine pistol the compensator... slips... I have an internally threaded barrel but i still need the adaptor. Does anybody have one spare that i can pay through the nose for, or know a shop that sells them?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Probably, TBH I don't even know what thread is in the barrel! I assume its the "standard" thread, if there is such a thing. But there is no way I am buying a $10 from yankland, the postage, customs and all the hassle involved....

But yes, thats the part i need.

what brand is your barrel? maybe I can check out for you if I have the same barrel :)

edit:

http://www.strykeairsoft.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_110&products_id=586

http://www.strykeairsoft.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=871

Edited by Pradal-Serey

what brand is your barrel? maybe I can check out for you if I have the same barrel :)

I can't remember, and I can't find the thread i baught it off (here on arnies). If it helps the chamber is marked with "BARSTO .45ACP". I've done a quick search for Barsto, but can't find nout on that either.

WA SCW3 AMT Hardballer Longslide two tone

Prime metal kit, WA SCW3 based

Black anodised slide

Custom lightweight aluminium recoil spring plug

CP lightweight aluminium blowback chamber

Silver Fox/PROG4 type GCS cancellation part installed

Usual internal tweaks

AMT slab rubber grips

I have envisaged a duotone 1911 as a project for some time and as this Longslide kit happened my way, it seemed the ideal candidate.

I couldn't bring myself to anodise the original Prime slide (as I still fancy making the AMT "Longslide with laser sighting" made famous by The Terminator) so I purchased a spare.

At the moment the gun has pretty standard features, but Commander hammer as well as aftermarket beavertail and safeties are options I'm looking at.

AMTLongslidetwotone1.jpg

AMTLongslidetwotone2.jpg

AMTLongslidetwotone4.jpg

AMTLongslidetwotone5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice Kimber. I'm looking forward to get one for H.E.R.A., but have got some problems.

1. Choice

In the market i saw only WE-Tech (and now Army). Only two?

2. Authenticity

Army:

Right front & rear sight

Right front side of grip

Right disassembly button place

Right grips screw

Right grip safety

Right safety of both sides

Wrong markings (No "Desert" word, no serial number)

Wrong color of grips (Black)

Wrong color of barrel (Black)

Wrong mainspring housings (too long)

Wrong magazine extended base (short)

Wrong trigger (holes)

WE:

Wrong front & rear sight

Wrong front side of grip

Wrong disassembly button place

Wrong magazine extended base (short)

Wrong grips screw

Wrong grip safety

Wrong safety of both sides

Right markings

Right color of grips

Right color of barrel

Right mainspring housings

Right trigger

Real Steel:

large_desert_warrior.jpg

Edited by rusTORK

B'coz it's a replica. I guess it must be right. And it's just beautiful gun.

You might as well get a plane jane 1911.

I heard that fitting tacticooled models run into slight problems that require modifications to the HERA chasis because of added bulk of aftermarket sights and rails. Also 1911s with ambi safeties will not work because the HERA chasis does not have a cut out to accomodate the right side safety. The "correct" right side safety might not work either due to it being to long and the HERA grip getting in the way. Grips won't matter because the HERA replaces them any ways.

:/

Well that might not have helped you any, but I just felt like adding that. I don't think you'd appreciate having to modify a "beautiful gun" or the chasis.

Edited by Shift