1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Just picked up a little extra for my 1911.

SDC13564.jpg

SDC13565.jpg

So sexy, shame it was bought with Christmas money so it has to be put away for a couple of weeks. I'll get a full review done once I have a chance to have a good play with it but for now here's quick once over mini review

It takes one CR134A battery and has a cree LED bulb but it's slightly duller than my Element W300 scout light but it does appear to have a tighter beam although I've not had chance to test them at any range.

Fitting is straight forward and is just a case of swapping your standard slide lock with the extended one it comes with. This is a little tricky as you need to hold the little pin into the frame with a small screw driver but it's not overly complicated. After that it's just a case of tightening a couple of screws to hold the light against the frame properly.

To turn it on there are switches on both sides of the unit. On the right (the one without the bolt) is just a momentary switch which you press forward and hold to keep the light on. On the left (the one with the bolt) is a toggle switch which clicks on and off by pushing it forwards. The odd thing is both sides are connected and move together but work as I've described.

One other thing I noticed was a small hole in the bottom right hand side where the wire for the pressure switch comes on the Surefire 310Rs so maybe this means VFC are or were working on making a version with the grip mounted pressure switch.

I can only hope they do.

If anyone has any questions ask away and I'll try and answer them.

Does anyone know if an MEU slide and frame would with 1911A1 components? Ehobby have a stock TM MEU slide and frame which I've got my eye on for an update on my old 1911

Edited by evansy

Does anyone know if an MEU slide and frame would with 1911A1 components? Ehobby have a stock TM MEU slide and frame which I've got my eye on for an update on my old 1911

Yes and no. Having done the same I'll point out problems I ran into. Frame is absolutely fine, Trigger unit is a drop in fit. Grip safety wasn't for me (I was using an aftermarket one, it didn't have the notch seen just underneath the hole in the first picture HERE. This might be the same as the stock TM 1911 grip safety so you might be ok)

Slide is a different animal. You'll need new sights (HERE) and a new blowback unit (HERE Notice the notch in the top of the 5ku unit compared to the stock TM 1911 unit, this is to fit the Novac style sights).

Apart from that! You're good to go! :P

Have done it on 2 different TM 1911's now, frankly I love the fact ehobby sells the original slides and frames! Keeping my eye out for a Hi-capa 4.3 set :P

Wings :detective2:

Thanks angel_wings

I knew about the sights but not the blowback unit but after having a look at mine it looks like I could do with another anyway.

I've got one more quick question which I've not spotted an answer to.

Does anyone know if the Madbull/Socom Gear barrel will fit a TM? It's only really the outer I'm bothered about.

I used to own a Socom Gear MEU as well, I'm kicking myself for not checking if it would work while I had the two.

IMG_2086-1.jpg

Adopted another one tonight. The gun was pretty sad as it looked like the original owner constructed it out of spare parts. Luckily I had spare MEU parts of my own to put her back to stock. All she needs now is the correct style hammer and she's perfect. The bottom two were pretty expensive builds, so the new gun is gonna be the workhorse.

Very nice Drake, what pistol is that? It's pretty much exactly what I'm aiming for when I get the funds for a new MEU.

Just my opinion, but I don't get the huge fuss with those - they're not the most aesthetically appealing, at least to me.

You just don't know style when you see it :P

It's the only light for none railed frame 1911's which doesn't look like a total botch job afterthought.

The only bad part is finding a holster for it with the light fitted.

Very nice Drake, what pistol is that? It's pretty much exactly what I'm aiming for when I get the funds for a new MEU.

You just don't know style when you see it :P

It's the only light for none railed frame 1911's which doesn't look like a total botch job afterthought.

The only bad part is finding a holster for it with the light fitted.

Cheers =] Its basically a stock TM-MEU with a few aesthetic upgrades.

had one of the socom gear gold plated 1911s in my shop for a week now, but today i also got a couple of S.T.Smith suppressors and fitted the short one to it and i liked the look too much. so, i brought it home:

1911pic.jpg

the cool thing about these smith suppressors is that they are light weight, foam filled and $20.

Thanks Fire Knife could you also recommend a metal kit/slide for me. I was checking out shooter's design slides, but they were all out of stock on redwolf. Also do I have to get a 4inch slide or will a full size one fit on the frame since it looks like the SDS has a full size frame. Sorry for all the noob questions this is my first WA 1911.