1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Western Arms SCW3 Punisher 1911

From the 2004 movie, personalised to suit me ;)

SCW3 uppers, SCW2 lower

Metal slide and frame fitted.

Prog 4 GCS cancellation unit installed.

I'm not a big fan of magwells/bumpered mags, so I chose to omit that.

To put a bit more bling back I added silver grip screws and mag catch.

Usual internal tweaks as necessary.

I'm not sure if I'll stick with the WA rubberised grips.

Punisher19112.jpg

Punisher19111.jpg

Punisher19113.jpg

Punisher19114.jpg

Punisher19115.jpg

Punisher19116.jpg

• Like 1

Most of its either fairly simple, or better to work out your own way rather than do it mine :P

I had a closeup picture a couple pages back (larger version of the picture in the video)

compensator/ muzzle extention:

I just got a plastic tube that was about the same diamater as the outer barrel, cut some slots in it to match the origonal. I painted the cuts to make it look like a tube of aluminium or steel that had been handsawed.

Some of the guns where fitted with Cutts compensators, so you could just use one of those, but I prefer the homeade version

Grip:

My grip is a thompson grip with the top lenght shortened slightly, it normally screws into a metal plate on the thompson, so i had to fit a metal plate to the frame of my 1911. Without access to anything like the right tools or equipment i simply epoxied it into place, rather than welding. I'm not 100% confident about how strong it is.

Some of these guns had custom shaped grips, so you could craft your own, that you would make to fit the 1911 frame better.

magazine:

unfortunatly i don't have any long mags, yet. I'll be getting the TM 10 round mags as soon as they come out.

Of corse all the above applys only if you are replicating the same guns that I am, as used by several US gangsters in the 1930s. The guns where made by one Hyman S Lehman, if you wanted to know :P.

There is a right way and a wrong way to do the full auto mod.

The right way:

you need to do a lot of fitting and filing, shaping different parts so that when the slide comes home, and the trigger is sill pulled, the disconector slips up into its respective slot in the slide, tripping the sear.

This is EXTREEMLY difficult, and i botched mine, never managing to get it working.

The wrong way:

Cut the disconector so that it never moves. There are two points that move it, one is the notch in the slide, cut the top of the disconector so it does not inteface with the slide. The second is the hammer, cut the peg of the hammer so it does not interface with the disconector.

The problem with this mod is that when the trigger is pulled the hammer is always loose, so when the slide comes backwards the hammer will fall into the BBU. To solve this you need to short stroke the slide by enough that the hammer dosn't fall into the slide, and then cut a new slidelock.

Sorry I hope this won't count as a necro-post, but you wouldn't happen to have a link to any guides on the right way to do the full auto mods?

Sorry I hope this won't count as a necro-post, but you wouldn't happen to have a link to any guides on the right way to do the full auto mods?

What you quoted IS the guide, I've found nothing better. I'm planning to do a picture guide of the "wrong" way in a few weeks.

Have a poke around some RS 1911 shooters forums, you should find the occasional mention of how modding the trigger and/or sear can make the gun go full auto. Its normally illegal to mod an RS to full auto so don't be asking too loud :P.

Finally got an MEU slide for my 1911 :D I just can't get the DyTac rear sight to fit properly :(

SDC13658.jpg

Does anyone know if a hicap rear sight will fit? I have a 5ku blow back unit installed too.

Very classy indeed Matt.

I thought I would jump on the 310r bandwagon. I'm going to put it on something else eventually. I just put it on the first 1911 to hand heh.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm12/versus_terminus/DSC00980r.jpg

And for a bit of a laugh.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm12/versus_terminus/DSC00983r.jpg

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm12/versus_terminus/DSC00984r.jpg

Love it.

• Like 1

Finally got an MEU slide for my 1911 :D I just can't get the DyTac rear sight to fit properly :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/evansy/airsoft/Pistols/SDC13658.jpg

Does anyone know if a hicap rear sight will fit? I have a 5ku blow back unit installed too.

I had to file down the parts on the 5ku BBU to get the dytac sight to fit, doesn't take much though, best bet is to take the BBU out of the slide and try to fit the sight directly to it (see if the hole matches up with the part under the slide) then slowly file away the offending sections until it fits.

Took me about 5/10 mins? I should suspect the hi-capa sight has the same issue, I think the problem is the 5ku dimensions (I may however be wrong!)

Had to do this to two different BBU's.

Wings :detective2:

I had to file down the parts on the 5ku BBU to get the dytac sight to fit, doesn't take much though, best bet is to take the BBU out of the slide and try to fit the sight directly to it (see if the hole matches up with the part under the slide) then slowly file away the offending sections until it fits.

Took me about 5/10 mins? I should suspect the hi-capa sight has the same issue, I think the problem is the 5ku dimensions (I may however be wrong!)

Had to do this to two different BBU's.

Wings :detective2:

Thanks Wings. I'll give that a go later.

To me it looked like the rear sights casting was a little sloppy on the underside to fit the BBU so I tried to file away some of the sight with needle files but it was taking ages so I just left it. I'll have a go on the BBU next as it's a lot easier to file that the innards of the sight.

Got my rear sight on :D I'm pretty much done now, I was going to get a threaded barrel for it but I can't make my mind up. All I need now is for TM to hurry up and release their extended mags.

SDC13663.jpg

SDC13664.jpg

And a little before and after style shot.

SDC13668.jpg

I really don't like the look of co2-mags but I guess it's worth it! :) Nice gun!

Question to anyone who might know; does the original hammer (the old type, standard 1911a1) work with a dovetail grip safety? I'm guessing not, but want to make sure..

Wondering because WGC has no TM-hammers in stock and I need a dovetail because my hand gets bitten as it is now..

Sorry to ask this here.. Will post pics of my 1911 soon but want to finish it first!