1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

But the looks are disturbing.. So ugly, and at the same time so cool.

I guess, it's b'coz WE copy outer look, but forget about details.

NOVAK's Next 1911

http://www.novaksights.com/assets/images/guns/photogallery1911/pages/coltnext98L_jpg.htm

http://www.novaksights.com/assets/images/guns/photogallery1911/pages/coltnext98R_jpg.htm

Anyway, WE copy someone's system (Marui, WA, Tanaka)? Or it's their own?

Edited by rusTORK

Its a frankenstein system...the design is closer to TM Hi-Capa than 1911 in the hammer/sear/striker design, just squeezed into a single stack frame. The magazine is their own(single stack of BB, 14 round I believe, unlike TM's 28 round). The design is based on WE's Hi-Capa which is a copy of TMs. The WE 1911 design actually predates TM....

The slide is compatible with TM, the lower parts are not...

And yes, they pretty much just engrave the Novak NEXT on their generic WE 1911....none of the actual detail that made NEXT special is actually copied...badge engineering at its worst...

The work to get that longslide is impressive. How many hours were sunk into that?

Thanks 'HitmanNo2'.

Quiet a bit of time for the longslide....a weeks building but a whole year thinking about it :nosleep:

Worth it in the end though :P

She is damn accurate. A standard VSR TM barrel cut down and machined to fit. Cycles like it should even in the cold.

Edited by MrManiac

what did you do? take a 2nd slide and cut the end off to attach it to the front of the original slide? looks good though.

how'd you do the barrel and recoil spring bushing? same way?

Essentially yes, its two TM 1911a1 slides with the front slide chin/apron part mated to the another full slide.

The outer barrels are sleeved over one another but cut down slightly to suit the correct length. The Bushing hasn't been altered at all but the recoil plug is a standard 1911a1 type with the reverse plug lip milled off, so it will slide through the longer slide apron and a 5.1 plug placed behind it inline. The recoil spring is a standard length 1911a1 type and so is the recoil guide rod. The trigger is a TM 5.1 with the joints cut out and a grub screw added to act as the overtravel adjustment screw. The rear sight is a standard 5.1 Bo-mar (acting as the Millet sights on the real steel) with the rear notch part thinned down to fit within the top strap, which was added using thin plastic card the full length of the slide.

All other furniture is either standard TM parts except that is, for the slide stop which is a steel Wilson extended type by Nova. Tha markings will be added later and better grips also.

cool, sounds really awesome. may copy you in a few months. let me know how it holds up.

what kind of adhesives did you use?

Yeah give it a go. All the info is on my YouTube channel, link is in my signature ;)

I used Zap-a-Gap supaglue with Zip-Kicker spray hardner but I also pinned the two halves of the slide together aswell for greater strength using 1mm wire.

DSCF5539.jpg

Made a few tweaks over the weekend with some new purchases and changed a few parts around.

Enjoy

Hitman Set

63u254.jpg

a0b4eq.jpg

The Collection

20j0dox.jpg

Se7en 1911 & Horsey 1911 as I like to call it

5v4ojo.jpg

Knighthawk 1911 & Custom Worn 1911 (Sanded down lower and TM Nightwarrior grips)

sy2pmb.jpg

So I swapped 2 lowers round so my hitman set match and then I had this cool worn look two tone style one, I have an upgraded recoil spring in the colt on and think slide and sight wise it looks very similar to Hannibal's Para Ordinance in the A-Team movie.

I still want a Socom Punisher, some compensators, 2 silencers for the hitman set that will go through the Serpa's but all in all very happy with all of them and the belt rigs I've built around them.

Where could I find a trigger like the one in the link for a Marui style 1911? Could I make a RS one work in my gun?

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=26627/Product/SPRINGFIELD_EMP_TRIGGER

It actually might work, the three-prong spring and trigger bar look very similar between RS and AS. Haven't tried it, though.

...does it fit a TM/clone 1911, though?

Nope only WE/Socom gear type 1911s im afraid.

TM barrel bushing notches are different and more like real steel. You could 'Dremel' out the notch so it would fit I suppose, as ive fitted numerous bushings to 5.1 Hi-capa slides this way.

Tayste-2000, I love the 'Hitman' set, very 'cool' B)

Its a pity TM dont do the Se7en 1911 with squared trigger guard or I'd have one myself.

Edited by MrManiac

I'm dying for the Se7en 1911, it's my favorite film. I just can't justify the purchase for some reason, though...

EDIT:

Also, because I picked this up around Christmastime. Funnily enough, I used an Amazon.com gift card.

P1020313.jpg

Looks enough like a Kimber Warrior for my tastes. I might have to do something about those trademarks, though. Orange plastic barrel has been replaced with a metal one. I like the gun, but I've been spoiled by my Marui pistols. The only thing I prefer about this one is the feel of the metal.

Edited by validtumoralarm

Nope only WE/Socom gear type 1911s im afraid.

TM barrel bushing notches are different and more like real steel. You could 'Dremel' out the notch so it would fit I suppose, as ive fitted numerous bushings to 5.1 Hi-capa slides this way.

how do you keep it from falling out? do you only dremel the lug to shape or do you dremel it away?

how do you keep it from falling out? do you only dremel the lug to shape or do you dremel it away?

You only 'Dremel' out one side of the inner front of the slide (be careful doing this) just like it is on a real steel 1911, then the bushing just rotates into it tightly enough that it wont fall out. Ive fitted bushings to standard 5.1s with their original plugs and they fit tight enough that they dont fall out.

Have a look at my YouTube page for my videos on how to do this, link in my signature ;)

Where could I find a trigger like the one in the link for a Marui style 1911? Could I make a RS one work in my gun?

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=26627/Product/SPRINGFIELD_EMP_TRIGGER

PDI Makes a polished version. Check out their main website, x-fire.org

Anyways, Let's see

Got some new stuff

2011-02-26141823.jpg

2011-02-26142005.jpg

2011-02-26142246.jpg

2011-02-26142400.jpg

So far so good