1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

I think a 1911a1 is next on my to do list....

Just a couple of bits ordered today for my Springfield so pics will be up in the next couple days... Full length guide rod and steel outer barrel.

I too would happily use my pistol all day, like cool-breeze now I got a couple spare mags it's a done deal

Was thinking more like the style of a black and white comic, sharp edges, no blurring between black and white.

I know i use B&W for most of my pics but that is for a reason, draws attention away from colour and puts it on the detail of the gun.

Kind of like this:

pict03501.jpg

However that is nowhere near my best, a £30 camera and a basic B&W filter is all that is. I am trying to get some more artistic shots but a lack of a good camera doesn't help :(

'FireKnife'

Even when I'm aiming my finger is off the trigger, I slip my finger from the trigger guard onto the trigger when firing and back onto the trigger guard when I'm not

I use a technique were i rest my trigger against the front of the trigger guard, so that reduces the chance of me 'flicking' the finger into the trigger guard and causing a jerked shot.

However i always have my safety on when in a clear situation, only when i intend to even shoot does it come off, often as my finger is moving towards the trigger. Found it much better than this whole trigger discipline is finger outside the trigger guard and resting on the frame or on the side of the guard.

Will see if i can dredge up a pic of what i mean.

'FireKnife'

I think I know what you mean. I like having the safety off when drawn and resting the finger on the trigger guard. Because of my trigger finger size and te size of the trigger guard it's very easy for me to just slip the finger in and squeeze the trigger. It's all down to personal preference though.

Yeah i have long fingers that make it easier to crook them into the trigger guard rather than rest them on the side.

A lot of people seem to sit with the safety off, resting on the trigger guard. But then again in the WW2 days people had the gun hammer on the half cock position as they thought Condition One was unsafe and could cause accidents.

Asi say, i always carry Condition One and do my best to inform other 1911 users about it, that don't already know ;)

'FireKnife'

Condition one is the most safe you can be. Much more safer than a Glock as that has no safety (a trigger in a trigger is not a safety).

Well with the real Glock it has so many internal safties, however in airsoft they don't really replicate that well.

But as for Conditions a single action should be condition 1, a double action condition 2 and a USP which ever you feel like as it does both :P

However i have once or twice carried my Detonics in Condition 2 as it has that little slide section to allow it to be drawn and cocked with ease, or so they claim.

'FireKnife'

I still think the Glock is pretty stupid. It would be easy to snag the trigger and have an N.D.

On the 1911 you have the manual safety and the grip safety, very little change of an N.D unless you were being a total prat lol.

I much prefer single action and external hammers as then you know that when it is cocked it is in the firing position and that only the safety and trigger are preventing it from going off. Plus it is the action i have stuck with, not too keen on single action and sweeping triggers, prefer a straight to the rear light pull that the 1911 has.

'FireKnife'