1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

7002e27d.jpg

Finally got the Fobus EMC holster for my TRP, it's a pretty solid bit of kit and quite happy with it.

The Fobus mag retention holder holster thing is pretty sweet too, not too much retention but about enough (unfortunately not adjustable retention)

Shame it may have to sell but for now it's a nice set up

It's a TM M1911A1 upgraded with a Guarder metal slide and frame with Colt markings, Guarder steel barrel and chamber, Guarder steel rear sight, 150% slide and hammer springs.

The slide keeps getting jammed back every few shots or cocks, I'm only getting about 7 shots out of a fill of gas (no leaks though), and I'm sure pulling the trigger is occasionally releasing the mag somehow as I'm almost certain I've not touched it when it happens.

I've ordered an airsoft surgeon upgrade set from asg, going to install that and some LPE shims and see how I fare.

Edited by spetsnazdave87

In regards to the slide jamming back it may be due to the little plate that sits in the hammer recess coming loose or being too long and catching the hammer. Or the hammer may not be sitting right and is riding too high causing it to lock up against the underside of the BBU and slide.

As for ESC not repairing guns they haven't built that seems a bit off, i have friends that have sent guns to them for repair that they picked up elsewhere, just paid a fee and got it sorted.

As for the magazine releasing check the little screw on the mag catch is locked in place and that the trigger bow is clearing it properly when it is pulled. Or check that the magazine doesn't have worn catches and notches that the catch locks into.

'FireKnife'

Hmm sometimes it doesn't jam at all, other times it jams every time. Just been racking the slide and it did about half a dozen jams and half a dozen clean.

The mag release screw is fine, trigger appears to be clearing it ok. Might be some wear on the mag though.

Any idea about the gas efficiency?

Dave

Any idea about the gas efficiency?

Dave

I had a TM 1911 last year with nigh on the exact specs you described above and mine had the same issue (I think the most I got was 10 shots with a warm mag) sent it away to get it serviced + fixed and was told there was nothing wrong with it. Gave it to another guy who told me the same thing so I swapped it for a P90. I tried mine different mags, replaced the BBU and spring set but nothing helped. Only conclusion I could draw was all these pretty guns you see in the picture threads with all these nice upgrades belong to collectors and not your average skirmisher. Sorry I can't actually help you but at least you know your'e not alone ;)

Also the jamming problem sounds alot like the problem I just had with my stock MEU. As mentioned above it turned out to be the hammer just lightly catching on BBU where it had happened alot it wore a little lip on on both the BBU and hammer so I filed the little lips down ever so slightly and now it cycles everytime.

I think Nova kits come in batches.

I've done with mine but it has the hammer catching in the bbu problem. I switched to the stock and it performs flawlessly! The only problem now is I don't like the hammer style and I really really don't like the Dovertale grip safety!

Can someone suggest me a problem free hammer?

I have now an Airsoft Surgeon and I don't want to modify it.

Thanks

Wolf