1911 Picture Thread

It's a TM M1911A1 upgraded with a Guarder metal slide and frame with Colt markings, Guarder steel barrel and chamber, Guarder steel rear sight, 150% slide and hammer springs.

The slide keeps getting jammed back every few shots or cocks, I'm only getting about 7 shots out of a fill of gas (no leaks though), and I'm sure pulling the trigger is occasionally releasing the mag somehow as I'm almost certain I've not touched it when it happens.

I've ordered an airsoft surgeon upgrade set from asg, going to install that and some LPE shims and see how I fare.

Describe the jam please. Is it in the fully rearward position, or halfway. Can you see the Cylinder through the ejection port? what position is the hammer. (seriously, give enough info and we can solve it first time, rather than going back and forth)

The mag dropping out will not be a trigger problem, check the catches on your magazines for wear, then pull out the mag catch and check that. Make sure you re-fit it properly. It is not a screw that holds it in place, the thing that looks like a screw head is a peg that you turn 90d to release it(Just in case you didn't know)

Unless it really is a trigger problem, check the trigger bars aren't bent and rubbing on the mag (thou I don't see how that would make the mag fall out??)

You put a metal body on a 1911 and expect it to have good gas efficiency? not happening.

Gas eff fixes:

Give the BBU, or better the entire slide, and deep clean. Dismantle everything and wash each part in warm water and washing up liquid, dry and then regrease as you reassemble.

If you have a cup style piston head, replace it with an o-ring style. And then you should pad out the o-ring to make sure its making a good seal, layers of PTFE under the o-ring does the job.

Give it back its plastic slide! Not only will you have better gas eff, you won't have to wait half an hour for the slide to come home for your follow up shot.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

I never understand people going on about lack of gas efficiency with a metal kit on. Even in the really cold weather I was getting 12-13 rounds out and I only fill my mags with 15 anyway. Maybe I've just got lucky.

The mags hold 26 BBs. TMs design is for it to have a plastic slide and 134a gas, where it can shoot 50 rounds, with green and plastic slide that drops to 30-35, still enough to empty the 26 and lock the slide.

You are getting half that.

You might not care, with the right operator a gun getting 10-15 rounds is plenty.

Thanks Matt. If it was RS, it would be a safe queen ha ha. I don't know what happened to the text accompnaying the pic but I'm sure I wrote I was thinking of the selling the Prime Raptor kit (not the whole gun) And that I was finding it difficult to price it as all I have to go on was hardbooiledcop selling his complete Raptor for £500. So I was thinking perhaps around £220. PM if you're interested to discuss.

I take it a mod didn't remove the text as there is no mod edit info. But if there is a problem, please let me know and don't ninja edit.

Describe the jam please. Is it in the fully rearward position, or halfway. Can you see the Cylinder through the ejection port? what position is the hammer. (seriously, give enough info and we can solve it first time, rather than going back and forth)

When it jams it jams in the fully back position. I can see the very front of the nozzle in the regular place (ie it's not stuck forward), the hammer is fully back and not interfering with the slide.

I've not managed to release the mag on a few more tries, so I assume I've somehow nudged the release somehow.

You put a metal body on a 1911 and expect it to have good gas efficiency? not happening.

Gas eff fixes:

Give the BBU, or better the entire slide, and deep clean. Dismantle everything and wash each part in warm water and washing up liquid, dry and then regrease as you reassemble.

If you have a cup style piston head, replace it with an o-ring style. And then you should pad out the o-ring to make sure its making a good seal, layers of PTFE under the o-ring does the job.

Give it back its plastic slide! Not only will you have better gas eff, you won't have to wait half an hour for the slide to come home for your follow up shot.

I'll try and pick up a plastic slide for it and see what happens, but I don't know a thing about piston heads an o rings etc. I'll head to google.

Cheers for the tips :)

Springfield Armory V-16 Long slide loaded custom

Western Arms SCW3 base gun

Prime V-16 metal kit

Prog 4 GCS cancellation unit installed

Internal parts changed out, fitted and polished where necessary

Rubbber double diamond grips

I missed out on the 1st release of the V-16 kit, so was pleased to see a re-run. Primes 2nd incarnation of the SA V-16 kit is fairly tight, and it took some breaking in, but that assures a good fit once done.

Prime include a steel SA marked Bomar sight base (as well as a front sight) which is a nice touch.

The ported V-16 steel barrel is no longer included which is fine by me as I never use steel barrels or chambers in my own guns.

The kit arrived in an overall matt finish so I had to apply the brushed finish to the sides of the slide and frame myself.

SFAV16.jpg

SFAV162.jpg

SFAV163.jpg

SFAV164.jpg

SFAV165.jpg

• Like 3

Not quite a V-16, but heres my Prime WA Colt Series 70. Which has taken up all my Friday and today. Finally got it done after a few minor cuts, a burn and lots of swearing. Still, better than watching that bloody wedding. Still needs some tinkering but hey.

DSC01002r.jpg

DSC01016r.jpg

DSC01020r.jpg

This is my first post, but I thought I'd try to make it a good one. These pics are of my Tokyo Marui M1911A1 collection. Two are machine pistols with one being full-auto only, the other select-fire.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/299/0423111550.jpg

SNAP

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp129/ED-SKaR/1911machinepistol.jpg

I'm now not the only person in the world who owns a BMG :D. Yours looks really nice, loving the dark varnish on the grip.