1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

TSC, £23 from ESC

However i think evansy meant for the whole package, including the MSH and the grip safety as you can only get aftermarket ones or mod up a TM silver Hi-Capa one to fit.

Personally i can't wait until i have my new 1911, custom built to how i want it.

'FireKnife'

Though the practical side of me says get something double-stack for the gas volume.

Depends what you want out of it.

If you are a poser and want a metal slide, or if you want some kind of 400FPS monster then yes, you probably need the extra gas capacity. However (I've said it before, and I'll say it again) I've been running my TM 1911 with a few internal upgrades for many a year, on green gas, plastic slide. Excluding the time when I was still working on the piston head it has always finished whole mag and locked back cleanly.

The plain fact of it is a larger gas reservoir offers more pressure stability in winter.

Trust me it makes no real difference.

The TM 1911 on a plastic slide will still empty a magazine, it is just the idiots who can't take care of it that say 'oh it has such a small gas reservoir and doesn't empty a mag boo hoo'.

'FireKnife'

On average i get 30rds out of the 1911A1 and Night Warrior custom with Ultra and about the same again from the Detonics (or about 40 if i put a full size 1911 mag in it).

More than i need. All of them are plastic stock.

'FireKnife'

Well i just tested mine on Ultra and got 31 shots with full to 90% recoil with a one second gap between shots. It even locked back perfectly on the 30th and 31st, only failing on the 32nd.

However as i only load them with 21 rounds (3x real capacity) i find that this is more than enough.

'FireKnife'

Edited by FireKnife

Often i find that with a 1911 a simple double tap does the trick, giving you 10 double taps at 21 with the extra one for making the reloads quicker by leaving one in the chamber or for the odd player that needs a little extra 'persuasion'.

Anyway, while i am here:

dscf00023z.jpg

The other pic i took of the missus shooting :P

'FireKnife'

In other news, I'm not as good at whittling as Naked snake :(

IMG_0446.jpg

Dry run for my new project on an older set of grips. I like the feel of it, but I'm going to be using a sanding block or dremel to modify the walnut ones (if/when I can find them). The rosewood grips from the thai guy on ebay are great to look at but the wood's not the best quality.

What it's based on:

hal-1211.jpg

Edited by spetsnazdave87