1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

I did consider going for the silver guide rod , but the picture of the orginials almost only consist of the this combination :) I gotta do something about the grip panels maybe give them some Oil?

The only problem i have is finding the right hammer as stated :(

Edited by Plante
Just looks a bit weird with silver barrel, silver bushing and then the black guide rod holder thingy. But if that's how the real one is then I can't argue with that lol.

Personally i prefer the style of the Kimber Custom and others, black bushing but both full silver guide rod and barrel.

Too bad the only full length guide i have found as an after market part is out of my 'money to spend on spares' range :P

'FireKnife'

I must admit the range on my Marui isn't what i like it for, it is the accuracy, coupled with the style that best fits my hand along with the fact it has been featured (like the AK) in just about every major conflict or war since it was first issued.

What would a US Nam loadout be without a trusty 1911A1.

'FireKnife'

I'm positive that all sidearms had to be issued and personal weapons weren't allowed in the theater of conflict.

Well no, i have an issue of Guns and Ammo, Book of the 1911 which states of at least one active service men that ignored the military issue beretta M9 and opted to take a nice Remington 1911A1 instead in Iraq back in 2003.

It was the same in Vietnam, often shotguns, aside from the issue ones, were sent over by family memebers after some infantry members realised the issues with the M16 out in the jungle. Same went for a plethora of other guns, such as US service men that took the VC AK47s and Type 56s after they realised they worked better.

Hence why in any VN loadout (and in later parts of WW2 due to German capture) a 1911 can be justified, unless it is sporting anything made after the 60's :P

Like my budget one:

Well i would load it up if for some reason the image site i use wasn't down <_<

'FireKnife'

Just looks a bit weird with silver barrel, silver bushing and then the black guide rod holder thingy. But if that's how the real one is then I can't argue with that lol.

vickers-custom-1911.jpg

Im still impressed with the effect range on this pistol .. Tho i put alot of aftermarket part in it it shoots 40meters torso hits with the hop-up mod and 0.36 gram + redgas :) Its a beast

Im still impressed with the effect range on this pistol .. Tho i put alot of aftermarket part in it it shoots 40meters torso hits with the hop-up mod and 0.36 gram + redgas :) Its a beast

If you are still stuck for a hammer get one from the Foliage / Desert Warrior Maruis, it is different to the MEU style one and slopes more like that hammer at the top.

'FireKnife'

Hey guys, As you may have already seen my 1911:

g3.png

I know that there are a lot of "purists" on this forum, but I figured I would post my Hera Arms CPE 1911 Carbine:

g1.png

g2.png

g3.png

g4.png

g5.png

g6.png

g7.png

g8.png

g9.png

g10.png

g11.png

Besides there really are not that many of them on this forum and I figured it would be a nice refreshing break from all the pure 1911's.

Oh and I know that I am missing my lever for the stock, It is being used on another stock at the moment that I collapse more.

What do you think?

Edited by Gatorlangman

If you are still stuck for a hammer get one from the Foliage / Desert Warrior Maruis, it is different to the MEU style one and slopes more like that hammer at the top.

'FireKnife'

I think ill end up modding a Hi capa hammer instead since its more accurate and its doable :)