1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Fair dues. I want someone to release a S&W 1911SC kit :( I mean how awesome does this look:

To be honest not really, i have never been a fan of the shorter length 1911s, especially the Bulldog looking ones (think Officer slide on full size frame). The Detonics was ok but even that doesn't feel that good compared to a full size.

'FireKnife'

I guess cool-breeze87 meant a full metal kit. This S&W was available by Western Arms as stock ABS version. And I guess I saw a reissue of this model on the WA site some time ago.

Son of a holy cow: searching for the S&W pic I saw, WA released the absolutely cool 1911, Al Pacino carried in the movie HEAT. Damn it, I need to have this gun … 

opb-layout-heat-colt-sidearm-x800.jpgheatdx00.jpg

If I remember right, someone posted pictures of his built version of this gun here at Arnies. But I can't remember who it was. Beautiful model. I'd love to see more pictures of compact 1911s. I like them. ;)

Its just a Colt M1991 (updated 1911 system) Officers Model with some nice grips, shouldn't be too hard to get a WA or MGC Officer and put some of those grips on it.

However i would prefer the P220 that De Niro had in Heat, single stack .45 SIG, can't get better than that :P

'FireKnife'

Thing is Marui is missing a trick right there. If they released a P220 and a P228 they would sell like hot cakes. People are paying upwards of £500 for that P228 kit that you can get. Imagine if you could buy a stock P228. Same with compact 1911s. And I'm not usually fans of the smaller 1911s but that S&W 1911SC I dunno, there's just something about it that I love.

Its just a Colt M1991 (updated 1911 system) Officers Model with some nice grips, shouldn't be too hard to get a WA or MGC Officer and put some of those grips on it.

I'd love to, FireKnife. But that's very difficult over here to get any of those versions … another story. I've seen the MGC version. Very nice. The finish of the WA looks amazing. And performance will be solid. So not bad WA made this model decission. ;)

cool-breeze87, if I had the decission, I'd make Mauri speed up on the S&W M&P and Springfield XD rather then discovering the compact 1911 segment. Because WA and others offer short options. No one offers a good GBB M&P model (without CO2 of course) and a XD.

Edited by SamJacksonFan
I'd like to see a SIG Sauer VSR (1911).

You mean GSR, VSR is the Marui rifle :P

But i suppose Marui look at it this way: What do the Japanese players want, a P226 E2, ok off we go and make it. They don't care about the international market, just about what makes their own home market happy.

Anyway while i am here:

dscf00013p.jpg

'FireKnife'

AEMAX Custom MEU with Pachmayer(sp) grip VFC 310r replica and gunsmodify tritium night sights

How good are those tritium sights? I remember seeing them on ehobbys's website but never got around to buying them.

-brendan

I didn't really want to post this since the flash changes the colour of the frame completely and the grips are merely some cheap plastic ones that Mike threw on for free to hold parts in place before I put on my own grips, but my excitement has overtaken me slightly I'm afraid.

Kimber Covert II from ESC:

KimberCovertII.jpg

TM MEU that's had some work done. Obviously the Kimber metal kit is the main alteration, but there's a fair bit of other stuff changed inside and out.