1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Without taking one of the new mags apart, we don't know how much TM has increased the reservoir area for the gas, nor can we know the ratio of reservoir area to number of bb rounds held versus the ratio of the regular-length one. Common sense suggests that you should be able to get off a whole extended mag without recharging the mag with gas, and perhaps half of a bb reload if you're lucky. We shall see...

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone with the new long TM mags know if it is possible to fit the MEU style wilson combat bumpers to the bottom of the long mags.

No you cannot fit the Dytac Wilson Combat bumpers as TM have fitted thin metal pads to the bases of the new long mags...why? Plus they are pinned not screwed bases, which means maintenance is a pain as the more you fiddle with the pins the more likely they are to leak! I purchased the black version but now wish I had the chrome version, as the spring follower sticks due to the black matt paint. In cold weather they do have a problem firing all the BBs (cooled one down in my fridge to test) but if you only fill them to where the BB channel opens out then all are fired with ease on a single gas fill.

I would say that there maybe a full auto single stack 1911 on the way from TM going by the release of these mags.

I wouldn't think they would bother with a full auto 1911, just that the mags are really typical TM fare, something extra that doesn't take too much time to work out while they again delay another GBB they have in the works that we are all waiting for.

'FireKnife'

I changed quite a few external parts on my Redwolf Nighthawk Talon to get it looking more aesthetically accurate to what Nighthawk actually makes.

rwnighthawkshortmag1sm.jpg

rwnighthawkshortmag2sm.jpg

I wanted to install the Gunsmodify MEU Tritium Nightsights on the gun but they weren't compatible. So I decided to leave the sights that came with the kit on the gun and instead installed Nightsiters on the front and rear sight for a two dot set up. This actually works really well. I've used the same setup on my Kimber for years and have a two dot tritium setup on my RS S&W M&P. These Nightsiters, though not tritium stay pretty bright in low light / no light for a while :

rwnighthawkshort3sm.jpg

With the new TM long mags :

rwnighthawklongmag2sm.jpg

rwnighthawklongmag1sm.jpg

I've been using this gun with my Raven Concealment Holster. Been a good partnering so far! :)

• Like 1

KimberCustomII.jpg

My latest project a Kimber Custom II using a Shooters Design slide with sights, bushing and plug fitted to a TM MEU. Additional items fitted are Nova furniture, TM Strike Warrior beavertail, TM 4.3 hammer, SPD extended guide rod, TM Marpat grips sprayed black, Nineball hop rubber, PDI 6.01mm inner barrel and TK MSH.

Edited by MrManiac
  • Like 1

My latest project a Kimber Custom II using a Shooters Design slide with sights, bushing and plug fitted to a TM MEU. Additional items fitted are Nova furniture, TM Strike Warrior beavertail, TM 4.3 hammer, SPD extended guide rod, TM Marpat grips sprayed black, Nineball hop rubber, PDI 6.01mm inner barrel and TK MSH.

wait, is that an SD Kimber slide for a hicapa? I thought hi capa slides didnt fit TM MEUs. I might wanna try that with my MEU.

-brendan

With the use of this you should be able to fit a Hi-Capa slide onto a 1911.

And since the MEU and 1911 are more or less, the same, a hi-capa slide onto an MEU.

ahh i see. thanks. Where exactly does that bit go, i cant figure it out just by looking at it, is it to adapt the BBU?

-brendan

ahh i see. thanks. Where exactly does that bit go, i cant figure it out just by looking at it, is it to adapt the BBU?

-brendan

The Tanio Koba slide spacer goes just inside the left side of the metal inner frame of the TM MEU.

You can get away with not using one like I have and it still functions fine but the slide rises up slightly when the slide lock lever actuates. I may get one fitted eventually as using higher power gas and over a long time this will cause damage I suspect.

The only problem with the SD slide is the length, as it allows the outer barrel to protrude just a tad to much from the end of the slide muzzle. SD have based their dimensions on the older TM Hi-capa's who's slides are shorter by about 1.5mm than the TM MEU.

The Tanio Koba slide spacer goes just inside the left side of the metal inner frame of the TM MEU.

You can get away with not using one like I have and it still functions fine but the slide rises up slightly when the slide lock lever actuates. I may get one fitted eventually as using higher power gas and over a long time this will cause damage I suspect.

The only problem with the SD slide is the length, as it allows the outer barrel to protrude just a tad to much from the end of the slide muzzle. SD have based their dimensions on the older TM Hi-capa's who's slides are shorter by about 1.5mm than the TM MEU.

Ok great. but is the Hi capas BBU the same as the MEUs? because i only have an MEU and its BBU to fit the hi capa slide.

Hey guys, quick question in regards to the Kimber SIS. (<-- I reread what I wrote and it's not a 'quick' question ><; )

I've got the Hurricane one for my TM MEU, I'll get you guys pics later once I upload them; and its' assembled already, only waiting for the gunsmith at an airsoft shop to fix the included chrome barrel to function in my kit (it's rubbing against the top of the barrel slide where the rear barrel lug is; I can't do it myself since I don't have the necessary tools to shave bits off the barrel lug without risking scratching up other parts of my slide).

I want to build the SIS as close to the original SIS Custom / RL II as possible. I know that the hammer on the SIS is specially made for it so there is no 1:1 copy of the hammer, but the KM steel hammer is the closest looking one (better than the Guarder steel hammer because of the 'larger' serrations on top of the hammer). So I guess I'll be getting that for the gun (I need to use the steel trigger as I previously installed the ProG4 hammer set into the gun; I suppose if I reuse my old MEU hammer the hammer will wear out really quickly from the steel sear included in the ProG4 kit).

As for the controls, I'll be getting NOVA parts. The grip safety, thumb safety, MSH are easy to find, but I have no idea how to differenciate between the Govt. Model, Caspian and Series 70 barrel bushing that NOVA offers, and I have no idea which one or the closest one is to the RS Kimber SIS in terms of dimensions and looks:

http://www.nova-product.com/Bushing.html

As for the recoil spring plug, no airsoft manufacturer has a flat smooth face for the plug, only the checkered ones so I'll have to stick with that unless if anyone can point me to a plug that has the flat smooth face for TM 1911s.

For the mag catch and slide catch, the Hurricane Kit comes with those already so in order to save cost I'll rather not get NOVA equivalents.

Can anyone also briefly tell me whether the NOVA parts are drop in? I know the slide catch isn't but I'm hoping the grip safety, thumb safety, bushing, recoil spring plug and MSH will be drop-in or at least able to be fitted with some elbow grease and a metal file or sandpaper.

For the grips; the Hurricane kit comes with faux-wood grips with metal weights inside (like the original MEU or 1911 TM grips) and I want to replace them with the authentic stuff. I took a look through Kimber's website and besides the carbon fibre grips they don't sell the SIS wood grip. Altamont does and I want to know whether they will fit on the TM kits since I believe the WA and TM grips are dimensionally different such that you can't change between the two? If the Altamont grips were made for the WA and WA and TM have different grip dimensions (specifically the location of the grip screw holes and diameter) then I can't use the Altamont grips. Also, I'd like to know whether anyone has experience with the Altamont grips and can tell me whether they are thinner than the original TM ones. I've got small hands (IMO....I'm Asian afterall :P) so thinner grips would allow me a better feel for the Kimber SIS.

For the grip screws, I want to get black hex ones and I have no idea where to get them in HK. I see Guarder selling hex screws for the TM M9 so I was wondering whether the screws will fit the 1911 (specifically the screw diameter; the length I can shorten with a file):

http://www.intrudershop.com.tw/show_product_eng.asp?idproduct=1520#top

Anyway, I know I wrote a lot so I appreciate those who took the time to read through everything :P I'll post pics of my Kimber SIS in it's current state ASAP once I get the pics uploaded. I also got my friend to get a Custom Covert II (he got mesmerised by my Kimber SIS XD) but fitting the kit was a *badgeress* unlike my SIS kit. Once it's back from the gunsmith I'm sure I can upload both kimbers side by side for you guys to enjoy :P

Thanks again for reading everything (yeah I know it's a picture thread but I rather not clutter up the forums with a 'technical' post or something) and I promise I'll get pics up ASAP! :P

Edited by intinerious