1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

To answer some of your questions...

Yes its the Army R28 Kimber Warrior, got mine for about £65 including shipping to the UK from HK

Would I have got it if it was priced higher, No. I would have not got a pistol full stop. I sold my KSC S7 USP because I rarely used it, and the cost of the USP therefore didnt warrant having one. I have learnt that China Clones can be good guns, so at the price, the R28 was a nice addition and ok if I am only going to use it occassionally.

I havent tried it outside yet. The stock mag was loose and needed a very good service which I couldnt be bothered to do.reviews say that the stock mag can give an extra 20 fps over the TM one, however with the problems I was having, I got a TM MEU mag for £24. Hope to test it soon, as my signature says, I need a Serpa for it.

Mine is based on a KJW KP-07, which is almost identical to the KJW 1911 everything is almost plug n' play.

You will need to drill and grind a few places to get it to work.

I guess I'll have to break out the power tools after all!

I was hoping you found some unicorn site selling lowers cut for co2. :D Thanks, I've been looking all over for someone who has worked on replacing the body.

• 3 weeks later...

original.jpg

You can see how I did the hex above, its a socket head cap screw that I screw into end of a guide rod, I think its a ProG4 or PDI or something. I just drilled and tapped a hole and red loctited a screw there, so I can use it to take apart the 2 piece guide rod. The spring plug I think is a Nova one. Along with a nova barrel bushing.