1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

I just picked up one of the new elite force 1911s. It's basically a black kwc metal co2 1911 rebranded. It's really not that great, but the kick is amazing and I'm partial to their logo. I also spruce it up a bit with some grip tape and a SG hitman comp... Cause I'm like that.

IMAG0372.jpg

I used three countersunk screws in the dust cover, then sanded it and applied epoxy to make sure it didn't go anywhere. I had some other ideas but this was the one with the fewest parts able to come loose and was least likely to have a buildup of tolerances and not fit right.

Metal frame?

I want to do this with a plastic frame, but there is just not much material to work with on the dustcover.

PS, needs moar video!

Yeah its a full metal build. You might be able to grind the plastic frame down inside and insert a peice of metal to mount the screws... Its tough since the slide recoils into it so closely though. I guess you could remove also the bottom tapered portion of the slide if you fit the wooden grip closely enough, that was my backup plan if the screws stuck up to high. I'll get some video next week from my helmet cam, the only other camera device I have besides an iPhone...

The gas efficiency really isn't too bad with AS guts and short stroked slide travel. Still, single stack style mags cool down a lot on full auto.