1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

A couple of more Kimbers, I've been waiting a couple of weeks to get a few decent shots of these, but by the time I get home from work, there's no daylight.

So hopefully this weekend may produce some overdue Sunshine, but anyhow hear is a few quickly flashed shots of the Kimber Tactical Entry II & Kimber SIS (MBKs by Hurricane).

I only put one shot of the Tac Entry II as Hwagon has already posted some wonderful shots of his a couple of pages back.

IMG_6774a.jpg

IMG_6790a.jpg

IMG_6797a.jpg

IMG_6817a.jpg

A couple of more Kimbers, I've been waiting a couple of weeks to get a few decent shots of these, but by the time I get home from work, there's no daylight.

So hopefully this weekend may produce some overdue Sunshine, but anyhow hear is a few quickly flashed shots of the Kimber Tactical Entry II & Kimber SIS (MBKs by Hurricane).

I only put one shot of the Tac Entry II as Hwagon has already posted some wonderful shots of his a couple of pages back.

Aww thanks :) That SIS is gorgeous though; Nova beavertails on both of them I'm guessing? I'm due a bonus from work soon so I'm hoping to get the correct one for my TEII.

Also, where do the mag bases come from? I've had a quick look around but I can only find the Wilson Combat ones...

Hey Hwagon,

Yes correct the grip-safety on the Tactical Entry II is Nova, along with the following Nova/Kimber accessories ambi-safety, checkered MSH, two-tone hammer, barrel bushing, recoil rod/plug.

The Ready Fighter magazine bumper pads are available at Den Trinity @ $21.00 for three, but hurry as they are out of production a while now, and may not be available anywhere else.

Hey Hwagon,

Yes correct the grip-safety on the Tactical Entry II is Nova, along with the following Nova/Kimber accessories ambi-safety, checkered MSH, two-tone hammer, barrel bushing, recoil rod/plug.

The Ready Fighter magazine bumper pads are available at Den Trinity @ $21.00 for three, but hurry as they are out of production a while now, and may not be available anywhere else.

I've got it pretty much all spot on now except for the grip safety and mag bumpers - Cheers for the tip on those. Curiosity wise, is the included safety with the HurricanE kit not the correct profile? I'm far from an expert, and I'd like to get mine as close to the R/S as possible; Really is the nicest sidearm I've ever owned, and it'd be nice to have it as close as possible to the R/S :)

I've got it pretty much all spot on now except for the grip safety and mag bumpers - Cheers for the tip on those. Curiosity wise, is the included safety with the HurricanE kit not the correct profile? I'm far from an expert, and I'd like to get mine as close to the R/S as possible; Really is the nicest sidearm I've ever owned, and it'd be nice to have it as close as possible to the R/S :)

hwagon, I think the main differences with the Hurricane-kit/TM donor gun ie. MEU, Warrior etc. and the real-steel Kimber Tactical Entry II are the MSH should be checkered, 2-tone Kimber hammer (as opposed to Commando/MEU type), Kimber ambi-safety (different shape on righthand-side & smaller thumb-grips), and grip-safety should be Kimber-type (again as opposed to MEU).

All cosmetic and will have no effect on the firing of your pistol ;) and really only noticeable under closer inspection by 1911 fanatics :innocent:

IMG_6759a.jpg

Edited by Squad 701

hwagon, I think the main differences with the Hurricane-kit/TM donor gun ie. MEU, Warrior etc. and the real-steel Kimber Tactical Entry II are the MSH should be checkered, 2-tone Kimber hammer (as opposed to Commando/MEU type), Kimber ambi-safety (different shape on righthand-side & smaller thumb-grips), and grip-safety should be Kimber-type (again as opposed to MEU).

All cosmetic and will have no effect on the firing of your pistol ;) and really only noticeable under closer inspection by 1911 fanatics :innocent:

I didn't actually notice the safety was wrong until I compared it directly to yours - Dangit, another part I need! The shooting part I've got absolutely sorted, it's the cosmetic side I'd like to get right - I hadn't picked up on the MSH either. Still, I'm glad you pointed those parts out, I hadn't paid enough attention to the pictures of the R/S and didn't realise the MSH and thumb safety on mine were incorrect; I'd like to get mine looking as spot on as yours does, albeit not quite as clean ;) Since picking up this thing I've felt the urge to get it perfect, and it's turning me into somewhat of a 1911 fanatic.. Which means new safeties, mag bumpers and MSH. This is going to be painful in the wallet. I'm even considering getting the underside of the trigger guard checkered :P

*edit* Also hoping HurricanE keep producing the SIS kit long enough for me to afford it...

Edited by hwagan
  • Like 1

Lol, I did wonder on the comments, I added the speed clip, then the rail, and then found the threaded barrel adaptor , and just thought why not go all out :o ,let's just say all bases and options are covered, albeit not that practical.

Looks cool though right?? Lol.

Edited by Jimmypie
  • Like 2

Hey Hwagon,

Just curious, where'd you hear the news that they are out of production? :P

I have those Kimber style bumper pads myself. But they are designed so that they are weaker than the stock MEU Wilson Combat ones. I've broke one of them already, had to superglue the pieces back together...it's holding up...for now :(

The material used is too thin and too brittle. Plus the holes arent' drilled in the correct places (slightly...VERY slightly off) so that the pins are exerting forces that are shearing those holes, leading them to crack easily. Then the bumper extends further on the bb filling side than the MEU such that it gives a higher moment arm than the stock MEU, leading to MORE force being applied on the material, leading to shear by tension where the bumper pads transition from the pad to the 2 fins that lock into the metal fill valve base on the MEU mags.

They look nice and are unique for the TM guns but just remember to treat them very carefully :P

Done this today, using fine grade wire wool,nitromors and brasso,by hand, no mechanical polishing, took about 2 hours, from strip down to rebuild,

completely stock Tercel 1911 (top one,before)

p1000740y.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And after

p1000765yb.jpg

p1000766a.jpg

Done this today, using fine grade wire wool,nitromors and brasso,by hand, no mechanical polishing, took about 2 hours, from strip down to rebuild,

completely stock Tercel 1911 (top one,before)

And after

Looking good! How do you think the shine is going to hold up over time? Put anything on the bare metal?

I don't know, only time will tell, a guy on another forum says it will oxidise and tarnish over time, also that oil/lube will stain it .

Do you think a clear laquer would seal it?

It should do, but I don't have any experience.

Google suggests there are a number of products out there; here's an example: http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=166