1911 Picture Thread

Nova Springfield Operator, shame the frame isn't green but it is sexy, quite hefty with weighty grips on, but the Altamont cross cannon grips do it justice.

A) It is amazing.

B) Where did you buy the kit.

C) Can I have it?

D) Failing the above, how much did it cost you?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

A. Indeed :P

B. Call Mike (name says it all :P)

C. No.

D. £434 for the pistol £50 for the grips which I bought a while back, years ago infact, I buy grips then find a gun to put them on :P

Can't blame a guy for trying right? ;)

Amazingly though, I had a bit of a bad experience with Mike and my Kimber, and considering the cost of that I was a tad dissapointed... Still, I'll see if I can find the kit somewhere - That really is a ridiculously nice piece :P

You are indeed correct Matt. They're all WAs. Top left is the Series 80. I bought it years ago and it seemed to be a parts gun as bits didn't match the original WA Series 80 silver version. I swapped out the frame with one from a 1996 Wilson Combat Supergrade I cannibalized for my silver Springfield project as it matched the plated finish of the slide.

Top right is a Series 70 Premium edition with Pearlite grips. Bottom left is another Premium edition with the alternative stock grips. Middle right is a Series 70 with a Prime kit. Bottom right is an M1991A1 CDP. It's seen better days unfortunately. I had originally bought it to cannibalize but I can't bring myself to do it despite it's wear and not being a fan of commander length 1911s.

Edited by hitmanNo2

Like a Detonics, basically.

EDIT: Maybe not the best place to ask, but if any US guys have any stock ABS slides or frames from any TM "Warrior" pistols for sale, contact me!

Edited by Leon Kennedy

aww yeah... gonna pick one up asap

too late to edit my last post, but can someone please take a pic of the new series 70 slide on an MEU frame and vice versa, i'm interested in seeing how they look put together.

IronWolf: Posts merged :)

Edited by IronWolf
  • 2 weeks later...

Well well, time to contribute to this fine thread.

Springfield armory custom, pretty much hand-picked the components to what suited me better.

Nova parts include magwell, single safety (kimber type), full length guide rod and plug.

Sadly i couldnt find the nova extended slidestop, so that's nineball.

Detonator 10-8 sights and freedom arts fiber optic front.

The kit itself is a PGC MEU and the grips are ready fighter.

Only missing a shooter's design outer barrel.

1911custom1.jpg

1911custom2.jpg

1911custom3.jpg

1911custom4.jpg

1911custom5.jpg

Edited by kenxin
  • Like 1

Well well, time to contribute to this fine thread.

Springfield armory custom, pretty much hand-picked the components to what suited me better.

Nova parts include magwell, single safety (kimber type), full length guide rod and plug.

Sadly i couldnt find the nova extended slidestop, so that's nineball.

Detonator 10-8 sights and freedom arts fiber optic front.

The kit itself is a PGC MEU and the grips are ready fighter.

Only missing a shooter's design outer barrel.

Really, really liking that, Proper unique looking, nice piece man.