1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

@TeowneD

What MBK is that?

it aint got one :P....i bought it local at dentrinity shop since i live in Hong Kong. They somehow sell a TM MEU with full SFA trades on the slide. I've checked out other stores in HK and only dentrin seems to have em with full trademarks, so i'm guessing they engrave the SFA trades on the slide themselves. worth checking out their online store, they might have them for online retail as well....basically i get the awesomeness of full trades and the performance of a stock TM pistol...

-brendan

With the 3 latest additions at my 1911 collection I thought to take some pics

DSCN1742.jpg

DSCN1763.jpg

DSCN1753.jpg

Prime Kimber Raptor kit on WA SCW2 base

DSCN1746.jpg

Prime Kimber Raptor 2T kit a WA SCW2 base

DSCN1744.jpg

Detonator SFA V12 kit on TM 1911 base (very rare)

DSCN1745.jpg

Creation Kimber TLE/RL II kit ?? WA SCW3 (WIP)

DSCN1750.jpg

The kit came without the plunger tuba and grip bushings!!

If you have any suggestions I'm hearing, Creation doesn't seem to have replacement parts!

The SFA V12's

DSCN1772.jpg

The 1911 family..

DSCN1741.jpg

DSCN1749.jpg

Wolf

• Like 1

Thanks guys

These are the grip bushings

creation-set-kimber-warrior-brown_big.jpg

These are pretty weird and it's the first time I see anything like it!

Basically the grip bushings are the main problem, I'll modify the stock plunger tube to fit.

Wolf

Edited by wolfgeorge

Did a little paint removal. I present the Tokyo Marui Ugly Warrior.

imgp0710e.jpg

imgp0713b.jpgimgp0714d.jpg

I'd like a metal Springfield 4.3 slide and wood grips in the future. The grip screws are starting to mash though; anyone reccomend replacements? Do real steel fit?

Edited by Leon Kennedy

Ah yeah, it looks like Creation went with the PGC style bushings. That's unfortunate as I've not seen them sold separately anywhere.

As for TM, no, RS won't fit unfortunately. Airsoft Surgeon make some nice ones I believe.

I recommend not tightening them so much. They're under no pressure so just tight enough is fine, if you find them working loose, a little loctite will sort that out. Otherwise a number of companies produce replacement airsoft ones :)

It's not me we have to worry about, it's the previous owner who treated this thing like *suitcase*!

Ah yeah, it looks like Creation went with the PGC style bushings. That's unfortunate as I've not seen them sold separately anywhere.

As for TM, no, RS won't fit unfortunately. Airsoft Surgeon make some nice ones I believe.

Thanks I'll keep pressing Creation!! At least they reply!

Wolf

Edited by wolfgeorge