1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Well well, time to contribute to this fine thread.

Springfield armory custom, pretty much hand-picked the components to what suited me better.

Nova parts include magwell, single safety (kimber type), full length guide rod and plug.

Sadly i couldnt find the nova extended slidestop, so that's nineball.

Detonator 10-8 sights and freedom arts fiber optic front.

The kit itself is a PGC MEU and the grips are ready fighter.

Only missing a shooter's design outer barrel.

Really pretty one mate! I'm just about to come up something quite similar shortly. The Nova extended slide stop is really impossible to find unfortunately!

I just ordered the same Detonator 10-8 sight but please confirm: is the rear sight really lacking that small lever that all the MEU rear sights have? I googled this sight and other than the fact I'm crazy for its shape, the lack of that lever allows me to install a lightweight BBU without machining it to fit an MEU rear sight.

I see a lot of my old pistols.

If only you cold find me the plunger tube and the grip bushings.... I'd be very happy.

i installed on the Raptor the Altamond Kimber Raptor grips and a complete inner barrel assembly to make it work!

Wolf

Edited by wolfgeorge

1911 'Driver & Lover' Custom, designed on my needs and handle.

Target: issued M1911A1 upgraded with early '90 "Jim Hoag" style modifications, for law enforcement use.

Internally and externally almost entirely handmade. Completely repainted. Real weight.

External changes:

- Improved slide, with BO-MAR sights (WE).

- Extended recoil-spring guide.

- Vertical housing (LCT).

- Extended slide-stop (Tanio Koba).

- Kimber style non-ambidextrous extended safety (Guarder).

- Wilson style extended mag relase.

- 3 hole trigger (Guarder).

- Series 70 style Hammer (KM).

- Metal Diamond Checked grips, wood painted (Western Arms).

- Screws (Airsoft Surgeon).

- Grip tape.

- Suppressor (G&P silencer and WE adaptor).

img7629op.jpg

img7631i.jpg

img7634zz.jpg

img7642e.jpg

img7636g.jpg

img7637za.jpg

img7628c.jpg

• Like 2

Really pretty one mate! I'm just about to come up something quite similar shortly. The Nova extended slide stop is really impossible to find unfortunately!

I just ordered the same Detonator 10-8 sight but please confirm: is the rear sight really lacking that small lever that all the MEU rear sights have? I googled this sight and other than the fact I'm crazy for its shape, the lack of that lever allows me to install a lightweight BBU without machining it to fit an MEU rear sight.

Correct, the detonator 10-8's rear sight lacks that little notch typical of the MEU sight. There, found you a picture of how it looks upside down:

img57056849.jpg?_ex=200x200&s=0&r=1

Also, they are an absolute pain to fit to the PGC kit, both the front one and the rear one need serious fitting.

• Like 1

Correct, the detonator 10-8's rear sight lacks that little notch typical of the MEU sight. There, found you a picture of how it looks upside down:

Also, they are an absolute pain to fit to the PGC kit, both the front one and the rear one need serious fitting.

Thanks for the confirmation on this. I'm planning to fit the sights on an RWL Talon, and I think the front one won't fit at all, as the cut for the sight is placed so forward on the slide that this front blade would protrude towards the front too much. So I'll might just pass the front blade and the tritium experience. :unsure:

Thanks for the confirmation on this. I'm planning to fit the sights on an RWL Talon, and I think the front one won't fit at all, as the cut for the sight is placed so forward on the slide that this front blade would protrude towards the front too much. So I'll might just pass the front blade and the tritium experience. :unsure:

Actually, to my knowledge detonator doesn't do tritium sights, they are just glow sights (even if some of them have trijicon markings).

You know I don't like it any more than you do, FireKnife. I'm getting a new slide and wooden grips. Right now upgrading this is last on my priority list since other guns need work, so for now it's gotta be ugly.

Edited by Leon Kennedy

Finally I managed to find the time to assemble my brass Colt National Match Gold Cup...

P1010385.jpg

P10103792.jpg

P10103762.jpg

It's performing great and kicks like a mule(!) but it's not assembled with the parts I'd like!

I'd imagine it with silver safety, slide lock and barrel bushing...

If someone has spare's of these parts please PM me!

Also the recoil spring plug doesn't reach all the way to the end of the slide, does anyone what I can do?

The recoil rod reaches till the end but not the plug.

P1010395.jpg

Edit: On second thought I'll install a bull barrel tonight.... I don't like the looks with the barrel bushing!

Wolf

Edited by wolfgeorge