1911 Picture Thread

'WolfGorge' Get a Nova, Spartan or LCT through guide rod plug, as they are designed for the longer slide apron/guide rod tunnels like that of the TM 1911s. The Shooters Design ones are for the Hi-capa only.

Otherwise it just won't be a true Colt National Match :(

Edited by MrManiac
  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Yes currently I'm using a stoc WA with rod, I have that kind of plug on both of my Kimber Raptors and it's the same lenght! I need something longer! I haven't seen how the Hardballers plug looks like, perhaps I could modify that!

I'll post a picture to see what's the deal on that thing!

I'm thinking to modify a stock plug ... Since I can't find anything that fits!

Wolf

Hi George.

The brass Gold Cup National Match kit you have is actually the "Cobb Special" version, (and it's very nice too :) ). It's a modified GCNM with some tweaks, for example, Bomar fitment, modified main spring housing, different front sight and beavertail added.

I suspect that the recoil spring plug that you require is the same design as used on the GCNM, Hogue 5" & 6" customs, Cobra and AMT Longslide pistols. It differs from other plugs in that the rear flange is mostly removed leaving a small section of lip. Best shown in the picture below:

was_cltnm05.jpg

You can see the lip and corresponding notch cut out for it in the recoil spring plug housing on the slide.

On this particular WA set up, it fixes the recoil spring plug in situ, thus the chequering is always square!

If the Cobb GCNM kit is the same as my standard Prime GCNM kit then that's what you need.

It is feasible that you could remove the excess rim off the plug you have, to be left with the correct amount of "lip" (or even modify the slide so it takes full rim plugs!). Then you just need to decide if you want a solid recoil spring plug or one for a full length guide rod, assuming you stick with the traditional straight barrel/bushing combo....which I think you should ;)

Thanks man that's EXACTLY what I need!

Are there replacement parts for it? I mean can I find that recoil plug?

I hought to modify my plug, Ireally don't want to modify the slide, though it's not something hard, I'd preffer to keep it like this.

I've now installed a bull barrel, IMO looks better but I'd prefer to keep the stock look.

Wolf

Edited by wolfgeorge

Unfortunately, I've never seen that part sold as a separate item. You could always ask Sanko or Enten if they could get it for you, being suppliers in Japan it may be easier for them.

I think careful modification of the part you have is the easiest solution, at least you know that part can be replaced with less difficulty should you need another.

Now thanks to Mobius Strip I've finished it!

Here are some better pics of my WA based Cobb special Colt Gold Cup National Match.

P1010386.jpg

P1010384.jpg

P1010388.jpg

P1010377.jpg

P1010390.jpg

P1010379.jpg

If someone has silver controls (slide stop, barrel bushing, recoil spring plug and single Colt 1911 army style safety PM me)

Wolf

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Nope you can't press it... It's like the Novak one piece beaver tail /MSH, for quicker draw, as it supposed to be racing pistol. I really like it, now I'll have to find a Colt SCW3 hammer, Colt thump safety and it's finished!

I like and that way but I'd prefer the original Colt look.

I has pretty strong recoil but the action is slow due to extremely heavy slide, at 25 Celsius I managed to fire 20bbs and the slide locked back, I was pretty impressed to be honest.

It's very heavy... The brass kit without mag is still heavier than my metal Kimber Raptor with mag!

Wolf

Edited by wolfgeorge

Well, I must admit, I can't stand the 1911 grip safeties. Never seen the point of them, in airsoft anyway, especially since I dont carry my pistol cocked and locked. I have two M1911 projects running atm, one retains the grip safety on the basis that it needs to be accurate to the screen-used model it is based upon the other scraps the grip safety altogther - something which I am looking foward to. Besides, I think some M1911s actually looks better without them anyway:

Colt-1911-LongSlide-Left-002.jpg

Also, 1500 posts, woo! I'm glad I didn't waste this milestone post on some useless thread - the M1911 thread is worthy :D

Edited by Kenworth W900

That longslide is RS.

Tis indeed, should've pointed that out - thought it would be self evident, that ones worth a few thousand dollars (probably) :)

BTW, wolfgeorge, that Match model is georgous mate. I like it with the Black/Gold combo as it is btw, although I know you have intentions to make it even more bling.