1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Ha, you wish. The finish of the the TM 1911A1 really bugs me. Black controls on an otherwise parkerized looking gun. No thank you. WA and Tanaka are the undisputed kings of quality finishes.

Edited by hitmanNo2

You talk the talk yet you've never owned a WA, I've owned more WA than you've owned pistols (never happy), keep counting :P

I'll put my S70 and my 1911 Military next to stock TM any day ;) my SCW1 Delta Elite looks as good as the TM, it's 8 years old.

Edit: cross post with Hitman, he speaketh the truth, look at his premium S70, such a p00p finish, :D

Edited by Aitch

You talk the talk yet you've never owned a WA,

Doesn't mean i don't know how they look, fire and function ;)

The finish of the the TM 1911A1 really bugs me. Black controls on an otherwise parkerized looking gun.

Last time i checked they weren't black, in natural light they do seem to balance, however my 1911A1 is older and mayb the new ones do feature black controls?

'FireKnife'

So you don't know what you're talking about?

Odd coming from you, who got so much wrong last time i talked to him :P

Yeah, they look a bit better in natural light but still not a match.

True, however thankfully the Series 70 TM matches much better.

Plus as hard as people try, a WA still doesn't look that good, they are still restricted by being a plastic toy like the Marui's, just the Marui's make the best of what they have got WA try too hard :P

'FireKnife'

You're obviously trying to do a wind up, I'm not biting, I've cut my teeth smithing WA,TM,KSC and done some great builds over the years, and I don't mean changing switches/stock parts, but what do I know, I've only been doing GBB for 15 years.