1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Yeah, too bad that while popular they are $300 odd and require another $200 to get them running great on Green to skirmish with.

But at the end of the day yeah we have the Detonics but another skirmish ready 1911 Compact (a 1991A1 Officers / Compact would be great) would be nice to see. After the fail of the WE 3.8 1911 it would be good to fill up that part of the market.

'FireKnife'

I've run WA on green since i started buying them, not one has suffered, bit heavier on the gas but in game perfomance they're comparable, same with TM, never had one break, including my 12 year old M9 which shoots as good as ever on its original mag which is 100% original, but as someone with experience of both makes I feel I can give an unbiased account,

And as for price, you get what you pay for, top finish reliable performance from WA, wank finish and reliable performance from TM.

I don't think TM will go head to head with WA in the domestic market which is the only market that counts to either of them.

Wrong, they already go head to head in some areas (M9s and 1911 full size-lines).

In japan, WAs are more of a collector's item and not really skirmished much.

As far as reliability and such. . . can't comment since I don't own WAs, but their blowback system and hopup is more complex than marui's one (and that's not a compliment).

Nothing wrong with the TM finish, if you compare say £150 for a TM gun to £300 for a WA, you don't get half the finish, you get about 80-90% of it so well worth it :P

But to be honest i have seen WA's that while they did not fail, did not seem comfortable on Green, but that was indoors on a warm day, maybe out in the British chill they will be better.

'FireKnife'

My observation was really directed at companies like Prime, Nova, PGC, Airsoft Surgeon, etc. etc. We already have a bunch of TM guns that we can raid to get the right parts. Just give me a couple of MBKs of 1911s with 4.25" barrels, and I'll take it from there.

As far as reliability and such. . . can't comment since I don't own WAs, but their blowback system and hopup is more complex than marui's one (and that's not a compliment).

Blowback is an area where WA beat TM hands down. The kick of some WA 1911s on duster is better than TMs on green. Partly down to the heavyweight ABS.

Blowback is an area where WA beat TM hands down. The kick of some WA 1911s on duster is better than TMs on green. Partly down to the heavyweight ABS.

I was referring to the complexity of the blowback unit /nozzle assembly, not the blowback per-se.

FireKnife, only you could make too much recoil a negative of a WA...

On some i have tried it is fine, but on one or two it has felt like the thing wants to eject the slide further than the BB :P

As for the compacts wish TM did bother to make one, a little 3" barrel 6 shot one like some of the Kimbers etc.

'FireKnife'

'FireKnife'

I'll buy the left one from you : <, do you accept payment in kidneys? 100% healthy, stone-free .

Ha, that's probably the cheapest of the three. Less than your average TM. Actually yeah, I'll trade for your kidney. They fetch what? $30K on the black market. Think of all the WAs I could buy ha ha.

You'll have to pay a black market surgeon thou , plus the fees of the broker, plus a medical insurance for me , plus 110% of profits go to me and my family, plus any future medical expenses will be billed to you until the day of my death,

So, anyways, yeah, compact WAs....damn TM, compact 1911 go (still thinking if I sould pick up a detonics. . . )