1911 Picture Thread

Heh, you never know untill you go to the black market. . . just be careful not to get your own kidneys stolen.

If the price wasn't so obnoxious I'd love to get my claws on one of those detonator kits... (pic not mine but awesome):

25.jpg

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Detonator = poorly made, highly priced TM 1911 kits in annoyingly unique variations :P

That's a colorful way to put it....

puresilver , I believe it's for the MEU, but I think it was discontinued long ago. .. (plus was something like 800$ or so...), you can find the kit on the enten link a few pages back.

Huh. Does anyone else make similar ported metal kits?

Noone else makes ported kits (besides SD slides)... Trust me I've searched everywhere and the Detonator kits were limited editions and very hard to find.

I also have a V12 Hi Capa... It's decent and I didn't like the big ports of slide! Detonator and Prime have smaller ports and they look better.

Wolf

Edited by wolfgeorge

You mean the SFA Vickers and Bureau? They look Commander-length to me (that is, .75-1" more compact than a 5", but hardly a small gun compared to the Detonator). Incidentally, what magazines did the Detonator accept? I know it came with one and should also accept full-length single-stack 1911 magazines (I assume the 1911A1 and the MEU are interchangeable?); would it take Detonics mags, do we think?

But Prog4 doesn't sell directly a lot of the models that A. Surgeon sells. So it's great if the model you're after is available from both (almost all of them are 2011 style), because the P4 is significantly less expensive. But if you want a 1911, you're stuck with AS.

SpringfieldOperator001.jpg

AS's last operator kit was very nice!

Little did I know that Nova would come out with a similar kit only months later http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=634_223&products_id=15313 and then AS would do the LDC version (pictured above), which is what I was jonesing for all along.... Oh well.