1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RWA Nighthawk steel 1911 with machined rs Heinie tritium sights, stainless threaded insert (to match this two tone oddness), grey Magpul grip panels!  

Posted Images

Man, now that is a nice pair you have there :photo: ...beautiful simply beautiful.

Thanks R,

Well I was trained by the Master ;-)

Airsoft Open University on You Tube,

Keep up the brilliant work :-)

I have two more Kimber Ultra kits to build for someone,

But unfortunetly am missing a WA Nighthawk trigger in Silver for one,

Anvil are out of stock at the moment.

But I should be able to get a few shots of the Kimber RCP II up at the weekend,

Before it leaves it's temporary home :-)

"Airsoft Open University on YouTube", nice one lol ;-)

Im not up with WAs parts or their availability, im not that big a fan of them, but if I come across anywhere that has a NH trigger I will let you know ;-)

Though couldn't you use a RS trigger, as WAs are always quoted as being able to accept RS parts?

Be nice to see the RCP II pics my friend before it wings its way to the client...so sad to let them go :-(

I haven't got a whole lot of experience with WA, and sometimes tracking down parts is an art upon itself,

Depending how faithful or accurate to the original you want to be.

I could have finished the Kimber Ultra RCP II today, only to discover the inner-barrel from the donor-gun which is also a WA Ultra,

isn't short enough for the RCP, not too sure what route to take to remedy this.

Anyhow I have a couple of contacts in the states, so the silver RS Nighthawk trigger should be easy enough to get, once it's confirmed it's usable, but the Kimber RCP mag-release basically looks like someone took a file to it, shortened and rounded it, sounds like a custom-job ;-)

And here's my 1911:

gun-17.jpg

gun-23.jpg

gun-24.jpg

gun-22.jpg

gun-18.jpg

On Green Gas, I can get about a good 10 shots before I lose gas pressure. On CO2 about 17. On Yellow, I've yet to do a proper test. But anyways this is a complete factory Inokatsu 1911A1. I've used a superfine grit sand paper to finish the gun a little so it didn't look too shiny and new! I gave it some wear to try and make it a little more "grey" then the original black.

Edited by Finbarqs
  • Like 1

Nice looking classic 1911a1 you have there 'Finbarqs'. That worn finish is well done, not to much but just right.

The Inokatsu is supposed to be the ultimate in quality with a cost to match but is that a poorly fitted guide rod plug I see? As there is a gap below it in the tunnel, tut tut!

'Squad 701' with regards the inner barrel length problem, cannot you just trim it down or file it, then re-ream/crown the muzzle?

Nice shots Finbarqs.

Great to see a couple of Inokatsu's showing up here at Arnies ;)

I see a definite pattern emerging where people would have preferred the weathered look of the original numbered 100.

I have not seen any large resolution pictures of the limited release, privately owned that is, as opposed to commercial shots.

I'd personally feel nervous putting sandpaper to an $800 pistol, but if it turned out looking anything like the WA Colt 1911a (Saving Private Ryan) Damaged version,

I would be more than happy :)

I have a friend with one, I might try and get a few shots of it with the TM/PGC version for comparison after the weekend.

My 1911's

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

Pics 1-2 WE/Socom Gear

Pics 3-4 All WA Including 2x Vreaker 12's 1911 Govs Custom TLE.\, LAPD SWAT Custom\

Kimber Marsocs/Desert/Night Warrior In Black Case\Colt MK-4 80 Govt

Regards,

Arioch

Edited by Arioch

Nice looking classic 1911a1 you have there 'Finbarqs'. That worn finish is well done, not to much but just right.

The Inokatsu is supposed to be the ultimate in quality with a cost to match but is that a poorly fitted guide rod plug I see? As there is a gap below it in the tunnel, tut tut!

'Squad 701' with regards the inner barrel length problem, cannot you just trim it down or file it, then re-ream/crown the muzzle?

there's no gap below it, just shadows :) But there is a gap in the tunnel!

As promised I managed to get a hold of these two for a few quick comparrison photos.

TM/PGC metal kit 1911a and Inokatsu steel 1911a.

The Inokatsu is a good 200g heavier than the TM/PGC.

It was raining so flash had to be used unfortunetly, but you still get a good idea.

IMG_7688a.jpg

IMG_7654.jpg

IMG_7551a.jpg

IMG_7552a.jpg

top is inok, bottom is the other. Having own one myself, (and compared to my pics). The inokatsu actually came in black.

below are pictures of the original 1911's. The top picture is the original design to 1924. Inokatsu modeled there's after the bottom one.

M1911_and_M1911A1_pistols.JPG

here's his pictures again:

IMG_7688a.jpg

Edited by Finbarqs
  • Like 1

In that case the Ino should be parkerized and to be honest doesn't look that well done, however if it is a commercial 1911 then it would be black but would also have the later model safety (the ones found on the Series 70 and Detonics) and the thinner hammer. Would still have the PGC kitted one and not the Ino.

Now to get my camera working and get another family pic up :P

'FireKnife'

My latest pistol build now completed...

DSCF6910a.jpg

DSCF6939a.jpg

DSCF6945a.jpg

Nova Kimber Warrior metal slide mated to a standard (slightly customized lol) TM MEU frame with a Hurricane grip safety and Nova single thumb safety (should be an ambi but I had a single in my spares box and the cost was just to much for the ambi from Nova). Also fitted with uprated KA 150% recoil spring, PDI 6.01mm tightbore and a Nineball hop rubber.

• Like 1

Hey MrManiac,

I have one spare leftover Kimber-type magazine base-bumper to complete your Warrior if you need it ;)

Non-Gratis Amigo :)

On a side note, the previous photo of the Colt 1911s.

The PGC kit has a very Matt-finish, whilest the Inokatsu has a shinier steel look which will always make it look blacker in certain lights.

If I can I'll try and get a few shots with a TM/MEU PGC kit for comparison.

Here are my last couple of shots of the Inokatsu 1911a, this time with the TM/PGC MEU for comparrison.

The Inokatsu is definetly on the darker side of Parkerised Grey, then again I've never handled or seen the real-steel version,

so won't comment on shades of grey :rolleyes:

IMG_7717a.jpg

IMG_7750a.jpg